Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-19, 11:00 AM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 12/18 - 6719 steps/2.84 miles

Deb
- Our weather can change from day to day and even within the day. There are a couple of days in the last couple of weeks that it was hot when we got up and the temperature starting dropping during the day and it was cold by the time the sun went down. I wish we had actual seasons. I would prefer it to stay cold for a few months.

We do the same thing with the heat (when needed). I keep in at 65 if we're traveling and at night and during the day I turn it up to 68 and on occasion 69-70 if DH or I gets a chill (sometimes I just leave it at 68 and put on a sweatshirt or hoodie if I'm by myself). I also keep blankets by the couch to use when we watch TV.

That's nice that your church offers an option for members that are traveling over the holiday. Our church does a come and go Christmas Eve Candlelight Service that is one of my favorite Christmas traditions.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 11:49 AM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 12/19 - 5394 steps/2.28 miles

DH has one more Christmas present he has to go get. I'm waiting on one of DD's and it's scheduled to be delivered on Monday.

When DH gets off work tonight he's on vacation until Jan. 2nd. We have massages scheduled tonight and tomorrow we'll finalize our Christmas Eve/Christmas Day menu and go grocery shopping this weekend.
Old 12-21-19, 10:00 AM  
dbclark44

Thursday 12/19 - 11,623/4.76; TM 65 min/3.02 miles; Slim & Limber
Friday 12/20 - 2857/1.17

Well bowling and bible study is done for the year. We plan to hit the road next Sunday the 29th. We'll spend one night on the road at a hotel. I decided I prefer Comfort Inn & Suites when we travel so we book with them when we can. We plan to make it to Macon GA and have reservations at a Comfort Inn for the 29th. Then DH wants to push it the next day to Punta Gorda where we plan to spend 2 nights with my friend who lives there. Then we check in to our condo on the 1st where we'll be until 1 March headed back home.

I cancelled our Y membership. DH seldom went and I hadn't been in 2 months. I really prefer to work out at home and walk the tm or outdoors weather permitting. Yesterday and today the temps are perfect for outdoor walking but the trails are still snow covered and an overall mess. Sure would be nice if they plowed and treated the trails in the parks. So I have to wait for the snow to clear the trails before I can get out there. So I'm stuck walking my tm at home. DH is talking about getting a new one next year and I sure do want one. The one we have works and does the job but a new one would be so much more comfortable on my feet. This one is getting used 2-3 times a day between DH and I. Then I have enough weights and accessories to do my workout videos at home. So I'll leave the Y alone for now. I also have access to the base gyms if I wanted to use them.

Don't know what I'm going to do for my weight workouts while we're in FL. I'll bring some bands like Leslie does when she travels, so at least I can exercise my muscles that way. Walking in Fl is not going to be an issue at all. Be able to go right out the door and hit the pavement there just about every day barring rain. I may join a Planet Fitness while I'm there so I can get in the weights. Have to wait and see how close it is when we get there. This is our first Snowbird trip and I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-19, 11:40 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Copy and Paste from my workout log: (day, date, #steps, workout)

Sunday 15-Dec-19 1345
Monday 16-Dec-19 3072 JS Burn Fat and Have Fune-Have a Ball!
Tuesday 17-Dec-19 5476 JS Total Body Balance Cardio Sculpt
Wednesday 18-Dec-19 3752 JS Feel Good Fusion Fusion Strength
Thursday 19-Dec-19 1939
Friday 20-Dec-19 2907 JS WS3 Metabolic Conditioning

Steps are pitiful due to snow and ice on the ground.

I did not order the Cathe Step Boss series.

Michael arrived home Wednesday. John and Kathleen arrived about midnight last night. Daniel and his girlfriend will get in tomorrow.          

I doubt I get in many steps today. There's still snow and ice in shady parts outside. I will do a Jessica strength workout. Last night I made a lasagna. Today I plan to make a vegan dish my daughter says is really good. I'm also picking up a prime rib to cook on Monday. Cinnamon rolls, whole wheat waffles (house specialty) and Red Velvet Cheesecake are also on the agenda for the next few days. 😍

Jack got his bloodwork results back after 6 weeks of eating vegan. His already excellent results are still equally excellent. So going from 90% clean eating to 100% clean eating didn't change anything for him. I''m cooking 2 vegan dishes over the next few days when all the kids are home.

Deb, I leave handweights in the car trunk. That way I have them during car trips. I get bored with resistance bands.
Old 12-21-19, 10:33 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. We had a great day of handing out gifts yesterday. It's always humbling to see people who are so very thankful they get to have a Christmas. I got 16,000 steps at work yesterday, and 10,000 on Thursday just by doing the running around getting everything done. I did a 3 mile walk today.

Deb, it sounds like a good idea to cancel the Y membership.
Leslie, hooray for the family being home!
Sissy, enjoy the massage!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 10:44 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Woohoo! yesterday was over 10,000 steps--10,792 to be exact. First time in a long time. It was nice to get out to walk in the park. Most of the roads were clear of snow and ice.

Yesterday's workout was Jessica Smith Walk Strong 1 360 abs. It's a deceptively effective workout--I really like how Jessica works all the small core and balance muscles.

How nice that you co-ordinate all the Christmas giving, Chrys!
Old 12-22-19, 01:41 PM  
dbclark44

Saturday 12/21 - 7361/3.02; TM Session #1 - 22 min/1 mile; Cathe XTrain Bis & Tris; TM Session #2 - 24 min/1 mile; Slim & Limber

I broke my tm walking up during my workout yesterday. Did one session, stopped to do a Cathe, then did another session followed by the stretch. Wasn't feeling like doing a long 2-3 mile walk without stopping.

Leslie, how sweet to have the kids converge home for Christmas. No converging at my house as my son and family are still practicing that weird religion and label all the major holidays as pagan. As such they don't celebrate them and keep their distance during those days. Really bums me out too. But he's grown so I let them live their life. You are lucky if you have clear trails to walk on. Mine are still a mess and I worry about falling so wait for them to get good and clear.

I didn't order the Cathe Boss series either because I am not into doing step workouts at all. My knees do not care for it. Besides I have her OnDemand which I am not cancelling because I do use it on the regular. So I'll have access to the series if I want. She has a couple of lying stretches in this series I saw a clip for and I will most definitely be checking those out. I'll also check out her weight workouts too because I'm sure she'll have a couple of premixes with upper body workouts only.

Have a great Sunday ladies. Our temps this week will be in the 50s and 60s. 63 on Christmas Day. The snow will most likely be gone by then.

Old 12-22-19, 10:31 PM  
Sissy B

Friday, 12/20 - 6488 steps/2.75 miles
Saturday, 12/21 - 3590 steps/1.52 miles
Old 12-23-19, 08:52 PM  
Sissy B

Sunday, 12/22 - 8154 steps/3.45 miles
Old 12-24-19, 08:37 AM  
dbclark44

Sunday 12/22 - 2448/1 mile; Monday 12/23 - 11,663/4.78 miles; TM Session #1 - 43 min/2 miles; Cathe Step Boss PHA 3 Upper Body only Premix; Step Boss Extended Chair Stretch; TM Session #2 24 min/1 mile

Cathe has a lying stretch and a chair stretch in this series! I am ecstatic! I love both those. Haven't tried the lying one yet, will check it out today. But love the chair one. Reminds me of the chair yoga classes I used to go to at the Y. The chair stretch is 16 minutes while the lying stretch is 10 minutes.

PHA looks like it's the only one in the series to have an upper body only premix, but it is a step series and only 3 DVDs, so I didn't expect anymore than that. But, this PHA upper body workout is nice. Had me sweating up a storm. I really enjoyed it. It clocked in about 30 minutes with the wu. Someone in GD mentioned it was short on tricep work and I agree. Only triceps I saw were dips which are rough on my shoulders so I did some other tricep work while they did those.

My second tm session was in the evening so I could roll over 10K. Did it after DH and I got home from the movies yesterday. We saw Star Wars which I didn't care for and wouldn't recommend seeing at the theater. It may be that I'm just over the whole Star Wars saga and just wasn't into it, but I didn't particularly enjoy it.

Looks like I have to wait for this afternoon for those 60+ temps today. In the 30s now, too cold for park walking. I'll be out there later though. The trails have cleared of the snow and are ripe for walking.

Have a great Christmas Eve ladies.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers