Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-19, 06:41 AM  
dbclark44

Thursday 12/5 - 11757 steps/4.82 miles

I went to the park after bible study yesterday. It was really nice out. Tree trimmers had half the track blocked off for tree trimming so had to walk around the other half four times to hit 2 miles. Wasn't too bad. Trees needed to be trimmed because they sure did drop a lot of branches during the winds we had last month. I like this park because the trail is flat and the park is well tended. And it's not isolated at all. Lot of cars drive thru the park and it's right across from a couple of apartment complexes. So there are always people around. Unlike the other one I go to. There are a couple of very isolated areas.

Nothing like Leslie's nature trail though. Now that thing is isolated, a serious walk in the woods. I would not be comfortable doing that alone so I admire you Leslie for doing it.

Sissy, I understand. DD is going to love that place from the description of it. No Christmas decorating in my house. I got rid of the one table top tree I used to put up. Never did do the outdoor lighting thing. I just don't have enough Christmas spirit to get into all that. But I do enjoy riding around looking at the lights. Some people go all out.

Have a great Friday ladies. Bowling this morning then an annual Christmas get together with friends for dinner.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 11:07 AM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 12/5 - 8196 steps/3.47 miles

Deb
- We have never put Christmas lights up outside and when we had this house built we even had them install an outlet in the eaves just for that purpose. I do put a Jingle Bell wreath on the front door, but that's it for outside decorations. Inside, I'll decorate the tree and I've put out my nativity and Christmas nutcrackers. Our tabletop "A Christmas Story" leg lamp stays out year round. I have to admit it's going to be weird this year without DD here, but we'll celebrate with her when she gets home in January.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 08:44 AM  
dbclark44

Friday 12/6 - Mimi Deep Stretch Back; TM 32 min/1.5 miles: Cathe XTrain Burn Sets Bis & Tris Premix; Slim & Limber; 7245 steps/2.97 miles

Windy and chilly yesterday so didn't make it to the park yesterday. Hoping to get out there today.

I downloaded a strength only XTrain rotation they were talking about over in GD. It's a good rotation. Decided to do it instead of STS. XTrain is a great series. One of her best imo.

My back was killing me when I got up yesterday morning. But today not so bad. If I can stretch it out when it gets like that it does wonders for me. DH says I should go to a chiropractor. It doesn't bother me enough to do that and what they do I can do on my own. I also had the car seat warmers on high every time I was in it to apply heat to it. I'll continue to stretch over the weekend and I should be okay. It's another of my recurring issues that come and go. I think Cathe's core work I did Tuesday set it off this time.

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Old 12-07-19, 08:47 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. DH leaves tomorrow for 2 weeks of training in VA for his new job, which starts Monday. He says his retirement seemed pretty short LOL I've been doing laundry and getting steps in today; I think I can get on the treadmill tomorrow and hopefully not have a coughing fit. I'm making pj pants for Katie and Piper because they are going on a Polar Express - hopefully I will get those done tomorrow. I'll be decorating my mini tree tomorrow. It's the only tree we'll have this year, because DH is gone until the 20th, and leaves again on Jan 6 for more training.

Deb, I'm glad you know what to do to help your back.
Sissy, I was supposed to see the Christmas Story musical today, but I didn't want to drive clear to Salt Lake feeling crappy. I'm going to watch the movie - I've never seen it.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 01:14 PM  
dbclark44

Saturday 12/7 - Park walk 60 min/3.2 miles; TM 5 min/.21 miles; Mimi Solaire Deep Stretch Back

I only got on the tm last evening for 5 minutes to roll over 10K as I was right at 9600 steps. It also warmed me up a bit to do another back stretch with Mimi. Back is definitely feeling 100% better. Those back stretches help a lot. Can't get DH to get on board with stretching when his back goes out. He'll apply heat and go see the chiro when it gets real bad. He can barely move when his goes out though so his issues may be more severe than mine.

Taking a rest day today. Went to church and ate out for breakfast afterwards. Have to go back out to church to help out with the Christmas Choir concert I volunteered for in a bit. So I'm not even gonna try and do anything today.

Chrys, glad you feel better these days. Kudos to you for making pjs for the girls. I've never made anything in my life with material. Sewing is not my forte.

Old 12-09-19, 03:18 PM  
Sissy B

Friday, 12/6 - 6446 steps/2.73 miles
Saturday, 12/7 - 5256 steps/2.22 miles
Sunday, 12/8 - 6617 steps/2.8 miles

Saturday I decorated the Christmas tree and watched college football. It’s the first time in years that I decorated the tree by myself. I kept it simple this year, decorating it with maroon and silver balls (we bought these for the pre-lit tree last year) and silver jingle bells (that I found at CVS a few days ago). Yesterday we went to church and then went and had Chinese for lunch and went to Costco.

Chrys & Deb - The extent of my sewing skills is sewing a button back on. And I'm good with that. My mom and MIL both loved to sew but I have no interest. DD does though. My dad and stepmom bought her a sewing machine for Christmas last year and she has made several pillow cases, bandanas for the dogs, and shorts. Last year she made a Christmas tree skirt for the artificial tree we got before going to Disney. I buy each of us new pajama pants each year for Christmas.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 10:14 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. 2 mile treadmill walk for me tonight. I walked around the house last night to get 2 miles in.
The pajamas are cut out; my tree still doesn't have ornaments on it

Chrys Dayley
Old 12-10-19, 10:45 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. 2 mile dance walk done tonight. I finally have some energy. Hooray!
Old 12-11-19, 07:13 AM  
dbclark44

Saturday 12/7 - 10,765 steps/4.41 miles
Sunday 12/8 - 3,056 steps/1.25 miles
Monday 12/9 - 11,442 steps/4.69; Park walk 24 min/1.27 miles; TM 45 min/2.05 miles; Cathe XTrain Chest Back Shoulders
Tuesday 12/10 - 8,879 steps/3.64 miles; TM 46 min/2.11 miles; Cathe XTrain Bis and tris Premix

I really like this XTrain rotation. I'm not lifting too heavy so I can do back to back workouts. Normally you should skip a day between weights but since I'm keeping the weights moderate and listening to my body, I'm okay so far. It does have leg workouts which I tend to skip since I don't like leg workouts. The older I get the less I feel inclined to force myself to do things I don't like.

Sissy, I like the idea of pj pants each year. It's a simple but useful gift that keeps giving all year long plus some depending on how long they last. BYW, loved the pic of the dog on fb. Sorry I can't recall the dogs name. Been a member of the family for 3 years now. Awesome.

Chrys, I am so glad you're feeling better these days.

As you can see, I'm trying to stay active. I prefer outdoor walking and love the cooler temps. Not too cool though. I do have a limit of when I'll go out. But it's nothing for me to throw on a jacket earmuffs and gloves and hit the pavement. Prefer cooler temps to warmer.

Have a great Wednesday ladies.

Old 12-11-19, 11:57 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

My laptop charged with an old charger I have at home. Yay! I ordered another so I can have one for the road. I've updated my workout log spreadsheet and the week and a half of workouts were (dates, steps, Jessica Smith workouts):

1-Dec-19 1577
2-Dec-19 6176
3-Dec-19 3262
4-Dec-19 4438 JS Walk Strong 2 Boost Metabolism and Muscle Total Focus
5-Dec-19 3814 JS Cardio Abs Total Body Abs Transformr
6-Dec-19 2700
7-Dec-19 7441 JS WS 1 Upper Body
8-Dec-19 8769 JS WS 1 Lower Body
9-Dec-19 3022
10-Dec-19 4464

I've found a Christmas tree farm an hour away. The nearby one we went to for 25+ years closed last year. I drove by Rural King to look at pre-cut trees, but they were few and pathetic. (most sold out). John says he can meet up and the new Xmas tree farm Saturday afternoon. I need to call this morning and verify they'll be open and have trees since it is so late in the season.

I have diddly squat done for Xmas besides ordering the Xmas Cards and a giant Amazon order. Jack has to polish up the Christmas letter. I'll have Michael and his friends stuff the envelopes next week. I'll bribe them with lasagna!  

Christmas candy and cookie making with 2 sister, my aunt and my great-nieces is this Friday. My sisters and aunt are diabetic and will make sugar free candy and cookies this year. I'll make some small batches of the traditional regulars (decidedly non-diabetic friendly) to bring home. Today I'll work on the grocery list and pick up everything tomorrow.

Woke up at 5 this morning after 4 hours sleep and continued to stay in bed in hopes of falling back to sleep, which didn't happen. I should have gotten up and been productive. grrr.

I plan to experiment with my acquabells and time how long it takes to fill them up, empty them and see how much room they take up in a suitcase. I get bored of resistance bands when traveling. We have the trip to Africa coming up in February and will be gone a month when all is said and done. We're visiting Patrick and Grace in NYC for 2 nights before we fly out and will stay with Kathleen in Baltimore a few nights on the way back.

I came home at the high end of my 5 lb weight range and am back to tracking.

Sewing--I used to sew a little bit and made some outfits when I was a teenager. I haven't sewn much in the past few decades but am going to get my machine cleaned and maybe drag out my old quilt supplies and finish some projects in 2020.

I have never painted anything in my life.

Off to do a Jessica Smith workout and will get back to the nature trail tomorrow I hope. I have quilting this afternoon and might have to take my aunt to cataract surgery tomorrow.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers