Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-21-19, 11:10 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 11/19 - 4027 steps/1.7 miles
Wednesday, 11/20 - 6227 steps/2.64 miles

DH & I have massages scheduled tonight. We're taking separate cars over. He has a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I'm going to run some errands before my massage - go to Target, PetSmart, etc.

Leslie - I hope you're feeling better.

Deb - I'm just lazy too. I can't seem to get back on track right now.

Chrys - I'm glad you're starting to have more energy.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 06:31 PM  
dbclark44

Monday 11/18 - TM Session #1 60 min/2.7 miles; Slim & Limber; TM Session #2 15 min/.62 miles -Total Step Count 11318 steps/4.64 miles
Tuesday 11/19 - Park Walk 48 min/2.45 miles - Total Step Count 9106 steps/3.73 miles
Wednesday 11/20 - TM 36 min/1.6 miles; Park Walk 43 min/2.12 miles - Total Step Count 10444 steps/4.28 miles
Thursday 11/21 - Park walk Session #1 31 min/1.61 miles; Park walk session #2 26 min/1.17 miles - Total Step Count 8765 steps/3.59 miles

Well I'm moving again, at least walking during the day. No weights in a while. Will try doing some tomorrow.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Have a good evening.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 08:51 PM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 11/21 - 12,741 steps/5.39 miles

I did a few things around the house and then drove over early to run some errands before going to have my massage. I went to Target, Best Buy, Dick's Sporting Goods, Kohl's and PetSmart. I got some things for the condo. I also used my $30 Kohl's cash to help pay for a new Fitbit Inspire for DD for Christmas. After our massages, DH & I went to the Olive Garden for dinner.

Unfortunately, I'm having an allergic reaction to something (hives, itching) so I've had to take several doses of Benadryl today. I feel like I'm in a fog.
Old 11-24-19, 07:15 AM  
dbclark44

Friday 11/22 - 4000 steps/1.64 miles
Saturday 11/23 - TM Session #1- 70 min/3.2 miles; Cathe RWH Back Shoulders Biceps; TM Session #2 - 24 min/1 mile; Total steps count - 12712 steps/5.21 miles

Great workout day yesterday. After my first TM session I did the Cathe, then jumped back on the TM for a slower walk to roll it over 10K. Ended up way past 10K by day's end. All this was done at home as DH and I stayed home all day.

We've been invited to friend's for Thanksgiving so I have no plans to cook which feels good. Maybe one year I'll have a houseful for Thanksgiving but not the past couple. My son and his family don't celebrate Thanksgiving and they were the only family we used to celebrate it with. Couple of years ago they started practicing some religion that labels our major holidays as pagan. It disappoints me but it's their life. So I respect it and keep my distance during those days. Saves me money over Christmas. Since they don't recognize it I don't worry about gifts.

Sissy, you and I had almost the same step count - you Thursday and me yesterday. Looks like my pedometer is on track with steps and miles judging by your count and mine. I do remember when I was doing the StepBets, 12K was around the 5 mile mark.

Have a great Sunday ladies.

Old 11-24-19, 10:45 AM  
Sissy B

Friday, 11/22 - 6797 steps/2.88 miles
Saturday, 11/23 - 10,365 steps/4.39 miles

DH's vacation starts tomorrow so we're going up to the condo. We want to repaint the kitchen cabinets and trim downstairs. For some reason the previous owners thought dark brown trim - baseboards, crown molding, door & window casings was attractive - it's not - it makes it look dated and small. They also "antiqued" the cabinets which is not a good look either. Again, they look dated.

Deb - Since they're playing the Egg Bowl there on Thanksgiving and it's just the two of us, we're going out to eat. One of our favorite restaurants in town will be open and DH had already suggested doing steaks for Thanksgiving instead of a traditional menu anyway. All of DD's pots, pans, and dishes are still in storage and we don't want to go get them until we're done painting.
Old 11-24-19, 10:40 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. We are in TX. Saw the play DD directed with her students in it last night. It was excellent. Spent the day with her today. Walked 4 miles at a park and played games. I'm going to meet up with a fitness friend tomorrow and we fly to Ohio on Tues.
Deb, I'm glad you have friends to spend Thanksgiving with.
Sissy, have fun painting!
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 07:45 AM  
dbclark44

Sun 11/24 - Park walk 58 min/2.72 miles; Total step count - 8411 steps/3.45 miles

It was sunny and mild out yesterday (50s) so I went to the park in the afternoon. Got me out of the chair, but wasn't motivated enough to get on the TM and roll it over 10.

Have to miss bowling today because DH has a dr. appt he can't drive from afterwards. Steroid shot to his hip. He's been experiencing hip pain for the past year but the shots work for him so the ortho doc said they'll continue to work with them until they stop working and a hip replacement is needed.

It's gonna be a spring like day for us today, mid 60s and sunny.

Chrys, I saw that TX sunset you posted on FB and wondered if you were there. Glad to see you're feeling better enough to walk 4 miles! Great job.

Have a great time Sissy. Sounds like fun.

Have a great Monday ladies.

Old 11-25-19, 10:39 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

My invalid nephew Levi passed away last Monday. He was 33 (would have been 34 next month) and was diagnosed with brain cancer at 17. It was a long, slow decline to the inevitable end and his parents (my sister and BIL) had devoted the last 16 years to taking care of him. In addition to losing their son, they lost their livlihood since they were paid by the Department of Rehabilitative Services to take care of Levi in their home. They have a lot of medical skills (even did home dialysis for years) but no formal certifications or degrees. Their caseworker is going to help place them in similar caretaking positions. My BIL turned 62 last month so he can file for early social security. Levi was sweet and loving to the end. It's so sad.

I've been walking and doing Jessica Smith workouts. I'm still on antibiotics for the UTI and they are working.

Yesterday I made Thug Kitchen Tofu Scramble Tacos and they were wonderful. Jack was so happy. He said they were the best thing he's had to eat the whole month he has been vegan. It is my opinion he has become grouchier since going vegan. He doesn't like to cook or pre-plan his food. He eats the same things for breakfast and lunch every day. Cereal, soy milk and fruit for breakfast and nuts, plain steamed veggies, crackers and hummus or peanut butter for lunch. It would bore me to death, but he's a creature of habit. Since going vegan he doesn't have the option of eating my cooking for dinner every day. Of course, I do cook some vegan meals for him because I like to cook. I also have the freezer stocked with homecooked veggie dishes. It's not my fault he won't pre-plan to take them out of the freezer in time to eat them for dinner. He complains because going out to eat isn't as interesting. He probably needs to quit watching the news too! I'm trying to stay out of his way, haha.

I've got to get busy. We're heading up to Davenport (4 hour drive) on Wednesday and that will be the start of a 12 day road trip. I've got to get packed, plus cook the things I'm taking to Davenport.

Have a great TG everyone!
Old 11-26-19, 09:06 AM  
dbclark44

Mon 11/25 - Park walk 26 min/1.17 miles; Total step count - 7427 steps/3.04 miles

Not much working out the past couple of days. I did get to the park between appointments and got in a mile at least.

Leslie, I am so sorry to hear about your nephew and what your sister and her DH are going through now. That's good he can start collecting SS now though. I plan to file early at 62 as well. Living off just my military pension is proving to be a challenge. I start running out of money the middle of the month. I need at least another grand to take me through the month. Despite all that I wouldn't give up my retired life for anything. I just love not having to go into work everyday, sitting there doing something I don't enjoy. Have fun in Davenport and be safe driving out there.

Today is supposed to be rainy and start getting windy for us later on. DH and I have to put 40 bags of leaves on the curb and I'm hoping they don't get impacted by the wind and blow all over the place.

Brenda and I are gonna hang out today and go see a movie and grab some lunch. She and I decided to change our movie day to $5 Tuesdays because the times just weren't working for us after bowling on Fridays. Plus you just can't beat $5. The feature presentation today is 21 Bridges.

Well have a great Tuesday ladies.

Old 11-27-19, 09:42 AM  
Sissy B

Sunday,11/24 - 10,484 steps/4.44 miles
Monday, 11/25 - 10,017 steps/4.24 miles
Tuesday, 11/26 - 8246 steps/3.49 miles

We drove up to the condo on Monday. We've already made 2 trips to Lowe's and will be going for a 3rd time in a little while. We need more painter's tape to tape around the trim that needs to be repainted. DH did talk to someone about redoing the trim and found out that it does not need to be sanded, which makes the project a whole lot easier. DH sanded the cabinets yesterday morning and last night we painted some of the trim in the kitchen and the inside of the cabinets. We'll probably take some of the furniture to DD's storage unit today to give us more room to work.

Leslie - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers