Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-19, 09:38 AM  
Tugger31

Question FeFit vs JS Walk Strong

I have JS's Walk Strong (the original 6 week Body Transformation System). I'm looking for more 30 minuter lower intensity options. How do these compare? What do you like/dislike about FeFit? Thanks.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 11:11 AM  
laurajhawk

I like both Fe Fit and Walk Strong a lot. Both of them provide a lot of variety in a set of moderate-intensity, 30-minute workouts. I have lots and lots of Jessica's workouts, and tend to use them more than I do Fe Fit, but I'm glad I have both.

Some differences for me:
- I find Fe Fit to be generally more intense than the original Walk Strong, more comparable to Walk Strong 3.
- I've used lighter weights for Fe Fit than I do for Jessica's strength workouts. I haven't directly compared but suspect Fe Fit has more reps.
- I love Jessica - I tolerate Hilary, the Fe Fit instructor. Some VFers can't tolerate her. She has some vocal mannerisms and a sort of hyper-enthusiastic nerdiness that grew on me over time, but startles me whenever I haven't done Fe Fit for a while and go back to it.
- The Fe Fit backgrounders are all young, thin women. Jessica has just two others with her (except in Cardio Party), and they're also both women, but one is her mom, whom I love and identify with (though I usually follow Jessica or Beth).
- Fe Fit is intended for mothers and there is occasionally "mommy talk". It's only occasional and doesn't bother me too much, but I'm not a mommy.

Bottom line - I like the workouts themselves probably about equally, but I enjoy the vibe of Jessica's workouts more, so I reach for them more often.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 12:16 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I have JS's Walk Strong (the original 6 week Body Transformation System). I'm looking for more 30 minuter lower intensity options. How do these compare? What do you like/dislike about FeFit? Thanks.
I can’t answer your question but wanted to tell its great to see you posting again!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 12:26 PM  
Gams

Laura - what is the music like in Fe Fit?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 12:55 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Laura - what is the music like in Fe Fit?
I don't remember at all - which makes me think it's nondescript and inoffensive.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 10-24-19, 01:07 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I like both Fe Fit and Walk Strong a lot. Both of them provide a lot of variety in a set of moderate-intensity, 30-minute workouts. I have lots and lots of Jessica's workouts, and tend to use them more than I do Fe Fit, but I'm glad I have both.

Some differences for me:
- I find Fe Fit to be generally more intense than the original Walk Strong, more comparable to Walk Strong 3.
- I've used lighter weights for Fe Fit than I do for Jessica's strength workouts. I haven't directly compared but suspect Fe Fit has more reps.
- I love Jessica - I tolerate Hilary, the Fe Fit instructor. Some VFers can't tolerate her. She has some vocal mannerisms and a sort of hyper-enthusiastic nerdiness that grew on me over time, but startles me whenever I haven't done Fe Fit for a while and go back to it.
- The Fe Fit backgrounders are all young, thin women. Jessica has just two others with her (except in Cardio Party), and they're also both women, but one is her mom, whom I love and identify with (though I usually follow Jessica or Beth).
- Fe Fit is intended for mothers and there is occasionally "mommy talk". It's only occasional and doesn't bother me too much, but I'm not a mommy.

Bottom line - I like the workouts themselves probably about equally, but I enjoy the vibe of Jessica's workouts more, so I reach for them more often.
My thoughts are similar to Laura’s. I love Jessica, have a lot of her workouts including the original WS. I had Fe Fit briefly. I love short workouts, but I didn’t click with Hilary, found her too hyper. The mommy talk on top of that was just too much for me.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 01:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

FYI.....Fe Fit has a few free 15 minute-ish workouts on their YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChy...DsRHhZ5bLQtnbg

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 03:41 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
FYI.....Fe Fit has a few free 15 minute-ish workouts on their YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChy...DsRHhZ5bLQtnbg
That's a great way to decide whether Fe Fit is for you! One warning, though: These appear to be the "express workouts" from the DVD set. And what those actually are is 15-minute excerpts of the 30-minute workouts. They're not awful - you can do them as standalones or add-ons - but they feel weird; I think they don't include cooldowns, and you might feel like they're not well-balanced. And that's because they are partial... the 30-minute workouts don't have those issues.

Old 10-24-19, 11:23 PM  
bfit

I have both of these sets. I think they are quite different. The Jessica Smith set has more variety in the types of workouts, they are not as tough as Fe Fit, and they are more fun in the music, the set, and the instructor. All of the Fe Fit workouts (even the barre ones) are very "athletic" with burpees, planks, jumping jacks, and such. I like Fe Fit when I need to cram a lot of exercise into 30 minutes, but I don't love them like I love Jessica's workouts.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 08:19 AM  
Tugger31

Thanks for your responses. They have helped me NOT spend money!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fe fit, fefit, walk strong