Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-19, 01:29 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I've never done any Leslie's workouts either for the same reason, but see alot of them at HPB. Great finds! I love HPB and am fortunate to live within 30 miles of 6-7 of them, which I frequent often. I'll have to consider giving her workouts a shot. Thanks for the info!
I am so jealous! We do not have that store in my area.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 01:42 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I seem to be a bit stiffer and achey-er in the mornings now, so Leslie is great to get me going. I often use a step and light hand weights, using Leslie for the pace and the company. Some moves are really conducive to using the step, others require some creativity. Throw some arm moves in and it becomes a great workout, without worrying about choreography. Granted, if you're the type of person who has to do exactly what the instructor is doing, this method won't work
Old 05-21-19, 02:05 PM  
susand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I liked the three mile weight loss walk because Mary Kay leads one mile. Hopefully you can find it used. I also like her old "two mile Walkaerobics " because she had better music and more of a variety of moves .
oh sherry you read my mind! those are my two favorites as well.
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 02:15 PM  
bfit

I tried Leslie Sansone a long time ago, and I just didn't get it. It was so easy and boring. Then I had an injury, and Leslie workouts were a lifesaver. Now I still do them with a weighted vest and/or hand weights, and they're a great workout for days when you just want some steady cardio without a lot of thought or equipment. By the way, I've found not too expensive Leslie Sansone workouts of all vintages, used and new, on Amazon.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 02:54 PM  
red1013

I recently acquired two Leslie DVDs that were originally on Exercise TV: START! Walking at Home - 3 Mile Walk and START! Walking at Home - 1 & 2 Mile Walk. I really like them.

Leslie is much more calm in these workouts, it might be because it's just her, without a crowd she generally seems more business and less zany.

I prefer to do her older workouts, anything with Nick in it is a deal breaker for me.
Old 05-21-19, 03:05 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I recently acquired two Leslie DVDs that were originally on Exercise TV: START! Walking at Home - 3 Mile Walk and START! Walking at Home - 1 & 2 Mile Walk. I really like them.
The 3-mile one in that series is actually one of my favorite workouts of all time. At one point, I found it on YouTube in its entirety and saved it to my laptop as a quick workout I could take with me on business trips and use in my hotel room. It has been an absolute treat. She's indeed very chill in that one, and I even like the little extra segments on the DVD with extra tips and things. As a high-blood pressure patient, I appreciate that she did these with the American Heart Association.

Also, I miss Exercise TV. There was some great stuff on there.
Old 05-21-19, 03:05 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by susand View Post
oh sherry you read my mind! those are my two favorites as well.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 05:25 PM  
Gams

I still wish she would put her 1-Mile Super Challenge out on DVD.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 07:40 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Who has The Miracle Miles set? I just previewed 1 Miracle Mile on youtube and I really liked what I saw. Clean set, good energy and Leslie wasn't overly exuberant. Worth getting this set?
Old 05-21-19, 08:34 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Can someone please list some of their favorite Leslies? I didn't make it to HPB today but they're having 20% off this weekend and I'm planning to visit all 3 stores in my area.
I like her Tone Every Zone Walk, Ultimate 5 Day Walk, 4 Mile Power Walk, and Belly Blasting Walk.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone