Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-17, 10:14 AM  
TinaT

I have asked this very question more than once. I received it in a trade months ago for my daughter and then traded it away. Only to want it back. I have talked about my neck and shoulder issues in reference to nerve damage, but somehow I still wanted to try it.

I purchased the set from BB in early Feb. I have committed myself to following the modifier for the first 30 days. I am into week 3 and so far so good. Yes, it has a lot of shoulder work in it. I push myself hard and then stop when I feel my form is compromised. I get on my Simply Fit Board and finish out the time. I'm learning to be patience with my body. My neck and shoulders are responding well and feel stronger already.

Key to this is watching the tutorial on the first disc. She does a great job explaining the how's and why's. I really learned quite a bit about body position, etc. I also took the time to measure my body.. not just weighing myself. So that at the end of the first 30 days I can see what's going on overall.

I have goals I want to meet for sure, but for now, it's the first 30 days I'm focused on. Good luck deciding.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 10:22 AM  
donnamp

Tina, - like you, I ordered this, returned it and then re-acquired it through a trade. I really *should* try it to see what I think and then make an informed decision as to whether it is a keeper or not!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 10:35 AM  
muddjeansgal

I sometimes take the live classes and love them. I am afraid to get the set due to all the bad comments. I always waver back and forth.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 10:40 AM  
TinaT

Donna, I'm finding just how weak I am through using body weight exercises. Within the last 2 days I've also decided to try Brett Hoebel's 20 Minute Body - The Trilogy Set. (about 15 workouts). I've had it for months and it's just sat on the shelf. Most of his workouts are body weight as well. But not like Piyo.

I'm taking the time to watch all the Piyo workouts to see how different they are from each other. I like what I see in the more advanced workouts, but for now I need to be ok with what is offered in the 30 day calendar.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 12:56 PM  
carres1973

I got PiYo when it first came out and just did not click with it. I'm not sure why. However, I just finished up a rotation of it end of last year and thoroughly enjoyed it this time around. I do feel the workouts are kind of repetitive...and what is it with Beachbody having the same warm-ups in all workouts of a series?! Even with that, I really liked it and felt I actually gained a lot of strength and flexibility from the program.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
piyo