Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-15, 06:12 AM  
PhyllisG

Anyone still doing Piyo?

I got this when it first came out, didn't care for it and traded it. Now I have been watching the infomercial and am tempted again.
Anyone else see the informercial?
Anyone doing it?
Any thoughts?
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 08:33 AM  
zoegirl

I just got it and am enjoying it. Anxious to hear what others have to say!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 08:48 AM  
momofcha

How do you find the infomercial schedule again? I have been looking all over for it!!!

I am doing the strength workouts here and there. The slider workouts are definitely worth the upgrade purchase. I am actually trying to figure out a 21DF/PiYO hybrid because I do think these workouts are really good.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 09:50 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
How do you find the infomercial schedule again? I have been looking all over for it!!!

I am doing the strength workouts here and there. The slider workouts are definitely worth the upgrade purchase. I am actually trying to figure out a 21DF/PiYO hybrid because I do think these workouts are really good.
Sue,

Here is a Piyo and 21DF hybrid schedule for you to consider. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/566961040563279754/
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 09:51 AM  
PhyllisG

I have no idea regarding the informercial schedule. I,have caught it just by accident at about 5 or 5:30 in the a.m.
I also went on amazon and read the reviews. Reminded me of just why I traded it.
I have to say the informercial looks very appealing to me.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 09:59 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Sue,

Here is a Piyo and 21DF hybrid schedule for you to consider. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/566961040563279754/
thank you!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 10:19 AM  
jenn38

I have never done a rotation, but I mix them in from time to time.
Old 09-25-15, 11:23 AM  
Taiga

You probably off loaded it for good reason and it's a testament to the power of the infomercial in luring you back

This program is doable but not great in my opinion. Chalene may not be as hyper as she was in CLX but her instruction is subpar. This isn't a huge problem if you spend a lot of time with the program and memorize the moves. But it can get really annoying when you are in down dog and she doesn't bother to cue the moves. She has plenty of chatter to offer but not always enough actual direction to keep you from cranking your neck to see her move on. And she does uneven reps. I also feel less relaxed/stretched than with other yoga strength programs. In general, I just haven't cared as much for her sequencing.

I bought this used and paid next to nothing as I recall and I liked the gliding workouts enough to think I broke even. I would never pay full price for this program. If I ever set aside the time to "memorize" it, I might use it more in the future. But I tend to mix things up a lot so devoting extra time to over come poor instruction is not at the top of my list. It just feels kind of bland/uninspiring and I have to be in the right mindset to approach it. I mostly reach for the gliding workouts now and then.
Old 09-25-15, 11:32 AM  
alisoncooks

An awesome VFer let me borrow her PIYO set. I remember liking them well enough, but I thought they were very repetitive. And maybe a weird mix of too easy and too hard for me.

From there, I remember moving on to Barre3 -- and thinking that Barre3 felt like a lot like PIYO but better-rounded.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 11:43 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
.... I remember liking them well enough, but I thought they were very repetitive.......
I think that was the bland part for me. No cutting loose and not enough variation.The gliding discs helped some with that. There should have at least been better music if she was not going to do a more creative mix of moves.

Tags
piyo