Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-08, 02:39 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Pilates mini-ball workouts

I recently got Mari Winsor’s Dynamic Sculpting Ball DVD, and I’ve done the 20-minute and 40-minute workouts once each. They were really fun, and I loved working with the ball! Of course, now I’m looking for more Pilates mini-ball DVDs.

I did a search and found some older threads with info, but I’m wondering which DVDs people are still using and enjoying. Which Pilates mini-ball workouts would you recommend?

I’ve already ordered the Triadball DVDs, including the new Ultimate Sculpting Workouts DVD (www.zenirgy.com) and I'm considering Stott's mini flex-ball workout.

Speaking of the Triadball, you can go to the site and click on “recent media”, then “Pilates Style 2007” to read an article on the Triadball which shows some of the exercises. The article also contains a discount code. I didn't find the Ultimate Sculpting DVD at Amazon, but Amazon did have the ball and the other Triadball DVDs.

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-08, 10:04 PM  
babyweightbgone

Hi Colleen did you seethe titles from Stott Pilates there is amazing tone
( which i have and enjoy ) also there's another I cannot recall please see website
www.stottpilates.com

Happy holidays!
Old 12-25-08, 11:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Colleen, thank you for the tip on the Winsors! I got a great deal at Amazon Marketplace and am loving the 20 minute so far - nice and sore! I also have the Triads I and II but they are longer practices and start slow, although they are well done and you feel nice and stretched afterward.

I have the Stott Mini Ball and enjoy it. There is one at Fitness Organica by instructor Juliana Afram which I found rather challenging on a temporary loan - from my recollection, it started very slowly but then kicked up.

There are also the Bender Ball workouts but I've heard mixed reviews. I had Leslee's original Mini Ball routine on VHS and it was an ab killer. I wish more instructors would incorporate this ball, I like it better than the circle at this point.

ETA: Please give us your feedback after trying the Ultimate Sculpting DVD! I am very interested in that!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-08, 12:07 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Juliana Afram has done a miniball workout. I've never viewed it, but I did see it at my local K-Mart.
Old 12-31-08, 03:42 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I’m definitely planning to get Stott’s mini-ball workout and I’ll research the others. My Triadball set hasn’t arrived yet (it will probably come next week) but when it shows up I’m planning to pounce on it. I’ll report back when I’ve tried it out.

Pat, I’m glad you were able to get the Winsor set. Mari’s personality has really grown on me (I like her now!) and I find her workouts very effective. Even her 20-minute “beginner” workouts do something for me. Why is that? I found the ball set because I was scouring Marketplace for any Winsor DVDs that I didn’t already own that I might want. I think I have (or will be receiving shortly) everything that I need!

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
Old 12-31-08, 03:48 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyweightbgone
Hi Colleen did you seethe titles from Stott Pilates there is amazing tone
( which i have and enjoy ) also there's another I cannot recall please see website
www.stottpilates.com

Happy holidays!
Funny you should mention the toning balls…I was asking about the mini-ball that looks like a mini-stability ball, but I’m interested in the toning ball workouts too (I guess the toning balls are mini mini-balls, LOL). I’d been meaning to look for weighted balls small enough for my tiny hands, and I finally found some and ordered them. So, of course I will need more workouts!

I went to the Stott site and noticed that she has a lot of new DVDs out. I recently got her Fitness Circle Lite gift pack and I really liked the Fitness Circle Flow DVD that went with it. The atmosphere is more upbeat and she does not use the same repetitive piano music throughout. I've always liked her but that 30 second loop of music repeating overandoverandover for 30 minutes or more was a deal-breaker for me. From the clips that I can see on her site, the music, set, etc. of the new ones are similar to Fitness Circle Flow. I plan to get a least one of her toning ball DVDs.

Tags
bender ball, mini ball, pilates ball, winsor ball