Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-06-19, 11:53 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Streaming subscriptions....which one???

I have a subscription to Gaia which I’ve enjoyed & it renews around Black Friday. It was a very good Black Friday sale at about $59/year, but renewal is $99/year. Not sure I’ll renew unless I get another BF deal so I’m looking at other options. I’ve looked at some barre subscriptions, most are waaaay to $$$ for me with exchange (I am in Canada). I see my affordable options as Callanetics or Suzanne Bowen....or foregoing barre & sticking with Gaia. Any thoughts??? I’d appreciate some input.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 05:04 PM  
diggerholliday

Have you tried Yoga Download?
They are very affordable and there's always a deal through Groupon for a year for $30. They have a large selection of yoga and a few barre videos.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 05:50 PM  
katmom

Another vote for YogaDownload! I purchased a subscription during some sale (Black Friday maybe) for $60 and as a bonus, that price is locked as long as I do not cancel.
Old 09-06-19, 09:57 PM  
deineira

I've been subscribing to Travis and Lauren's site and it's pretty good.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 02:31 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thanks for your replies!

I actually have 2 yoga subscriptions....Movement for Modern Life, I got in on a deal of 50% off for life and I love it. I have Yoga Download as well, got in on the $60 deal, but I haven’t used it much as it doesn’t stream as well for me when I travel so unsure I’ll renew.

I liked Gaia because of the variety of yoga, meditation, & Pilates. So I’d like a site that offers some variety, maybe Barre & Pilates? I’ve also considered Xtend Barre.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-07-19, 04:27 AM  
Twigs

Hi Pam

I enjoyed my subscription with Callanetics and did see some positive changes in my body. I did Sandra's classes for the most part. I'd like to get back into it more regularly but at the moment can't seem to fit in everything I want to do. The subscription price seems reasonable compared with a lot of sites.

Just a thought; Pilates Anytime doesn't seem to be popular on here but I subscribed just over a month ago and am loving it. The instruction is excellent and there are also some barre and barre/fusion classes but I guess they are somewhat limited compared to the extensive list of Pilates classes. I think Tracey Mallett has about 30 barre classes (excluding her classes using apparatus). I've also found a couple of instructors that do barre but I haven't tried them yet. I pay £12/month. It's a pity they don't offer a discounted annual rate, as I'd definitely sign up.

I like Suzanne Bowen a lot but have only done her DVDs.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 04:37 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thanks Margo!
I did a trial of Callanetics a while ago & enjoyed it, it’s definitely one I’m considering. I did PA for a while a few years ago and enjoyed it but not sure I want pure Pilates. I’m leaning more towards barre, will see....

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-07-19, 09:26 AM  
SuzieC

As a Canadian, I’m in the same boat as you. I’d love a full barre3 subscription (just did a free trial) but at 29$ a month, it comes out to almost 40$ with the exchange. It’s still a good deal but when you have more than one subscription, it becomes a little much. I’m going to wait to see if they have a Black Friday special but they offer almost everything I want in a subscription.

Essentrics is a great deal at 14.95$ CAD.

I really like Suzanne Bowen’s site too. The search options are fantastic. I don’t like stringing together short workouts because it requires too much thinking but she does provide fixed rotations and you access the daily videos on a single page so that’s great. Her cuing is second to none and I love her bounce videos (I have the jumpsport with the barre). She has also started posting new videos and posted 7 new ones since her break. I’m currently signed up for a month - she had a special for returning subscribers at 2$ for the first month.

There is also Exhale Core Fusion. I haven’t tried their streaming yet: https://ondemand.exhalespa.com
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming, streaming affordable