Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-02, 07:33 PM  
GonnaBeFirm

I think you'd like this one.....

Hi There,

In reading your post, I thought of a Kathy Smith video I have that I really like. It has aerobics and toning intervals, it is filmed outside and I think its done very well. It is called Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough. Here's a link so that you can see a preview:

Collagevideo.com-Kathy Smith Video

The Kathy smith tape shows most of the "class" doing the workout on a step, but there is one person who does the entire workout on the floor. You may want to look at a few of the Kathy Smith tapes. Her Latin Rhythm tape is really fun, filmed with a live band and everyone's having a great time in that one!

I also really like Crunch Master Class Aerobics, you can preview that one at Collagevideo.com as well.

I've traded away all of my Gilad and Charlene Prickett tapes because I have found the music to be uninspiring & the workouts seemed pretty repetitive and not very innovative.

I hope this helps,

Jennifer

GonnaBeFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-02, 09:10 PM  
Lenore Levine
VF Supporter

Another suggestion.

This morning, I did Jamaica Me S'wet, a 45-minute low impact tape. This video has reggae music, unusual "moderate" choreography, and beautiful sleazy people in silly costumes pretending they're sexy. It's also filmed in a lovely Jamaican resort (essentially, I suspect, as a commercial for that resort). The only problem with the tape is that it's not very intense; even I barely got a workout from it. Worth giving it a home, though, if you can get it cheap. It's good for add-ons and bad days.
Lenore Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-02, 09:46 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

an oldie but goodie

I dusted this one off from my shelves (haven't done it for two months) - Linda Evans and Kari Anderson's A New You. The scenery is awesome - they're working out in the woods. Music is supplied by Yanni... believe it or not, it works! Kari is wonderful as always and the choreography is basic. The beat of the music here is slower than most other floor aerobics tapes but this allows you to use full range of motion and execute each move properly. It's about 30 minutes of actual aerobics (I stayed in 70%-80% of my THR using the most advanced modifications shown) plus 15 minutes of warm-up, cool-down and stretch. Very serene.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-02, 10:38 AM  
Lenore Levine
VF Supporter

I like A New You, too.

I like this tape for all the reasons Tiffany mentions. However, she didn't mention that Linda Evans is very unintentionally amusing. And yes, this does add to the tape's entertainment value.
Lenore Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-02, 05:49 PM  
Norma H.
VF Supporter

Kari's Angles Lines and Curves

As I read your criteria, this video of Kari's came immediately to my mind. It's a beautiful video in every sense of the word. I have a feeling you will like it, maybe almost as much as I do.

P.S. This video is truly unique and falls more into the stretch/ballet/pilates category. But we all know how important it is not to overlook our flexibility needs in a well-balanced fitness program.
Norma H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
katalin zamiar, settings, yoga booty ballet