Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-13, 07:41 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
The infamous Joni O, commenting on her Joni o-ing. This cracks me up.

Some day I'm going to meet up with you for lunch, Joni. Then my life will be complete. Maybe at Trader Joe's?

Jackie
You'd better practice your dodging skills, in case you have a sub-par pastrami on rye Joni-O'd in your direction! (Not that Trader Joe's would have a sub-par sandwich.)

The DVDs I have Joni-O'd most recently, and most often, is any Tracy Anderson muscular structure work (most recently Mat Workout). I can only get a few minutes in before my blood pressure starts to rise, and I feel a visceral response! It is a combination of the lack of cuing - inexcusable (I don't need a gabfest, but come on!) - and the feeling that I am wasting my time. I keep on trying because of the great results other VFers have gotten with her workouts.

I can do TA's cardio.

eta: Which raises the question - does Joni-O Joni-O anything other than workouts? What about when she was trying out pillows recently? Was there bedding being flung around the store?

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 04-09-13 at 07:42 PM. Reason: addition
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 08:21 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
You'd better practice your dodging skills, in case you have a sub-par pastrami on rye Joni-O'd in your direction! (Not that Trader Joe's would have a sub-par sandwich.)

eta: Which raises the question - does Joni-O Joni-O anything other than workouts? What about when she was trying out pillows recently? Was there bedding being flung around the store?
That is a good question. Having never met Joni O. face to face, what other things does she fling? I'm kind of afraid. She could decide in a split second that she doesn't like ME, and fling me across Trader Joe's .

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 08:34 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Does it count as a "Joni-O" if you've already done the workout, and usually like it, but for whatever reason it just wasn't the right choice that day and you give up? Or does it have to be a new workout that you just give up on?

Unfortunately, I just Joni-O'd (in the traditional sense) Shiva Rea's Daily Energy. I've been looking for 20-25 minute yoga workouts. I already have something by her that I like, so I was so excited to find this dvd with seven 20-minute sections. I'm not sure which section it was specifically, but I only got 10 minutes into it (and that was pushing it). I hope the other sections will justify my keeping the dvd.
Old 04-10-13, 08:37 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Nope - any workout for any reason
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 10:32 AM  
laurajhawk

But, but, there's an important question that I have not seen asked nor answered. [ominous music ]

... Our world is changing. We know it. We see it coming. Me, I'm one of the holdouts, but I know I'm going to go to the dark side eventually. And then, when we've all gone over,

HOW DOES ONE JONI-O A DOWNLOAD???

You can't just smack the Stop button. It's gotta have flair and zest and VIOLENCE , when you Joni-O something. We've managed it with DVDs even though you don't have the awesome experience of snagging and unwinding the tape... How do you do it with downloads? Joni???

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 10:45 AM  
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
The DVDs I have Joni-O'd most recently, and most often, is any Tracy Anderson muscular structure work (most recently Mat Workout). I can only get a few minutes in before my blood pressure starts to rise, and I feel a visceral response! It is a combination of the lack of cuing - inexcusable (I don't need a gabfest, but come on!) - and the feeling that I am wasting my time. I keep on trying because of the great results other VFers have gotten with her workouts.

I agree with this assessment of TA - can't do it and felt that I was wasting my time expecially since I never saw the great results. I have decided that I wasn't buying anymore. And I don't do TA cardio - that was more disappointing to me than the muscular structure work. I can jump around (Meta) in my living room on my own for 30 minutes - there was a complete lack structure that I couldn't stomach.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 11:18 AM  
ncl

I absolutely hate to say this and was sorely disappointed and I usually love Ilaria, but I hated the new Powerstrike. I hate the music...it was difficult to hear a beat in this which I think is essential to kickboxing. Also, the set was awful but I coulda lived with that. I tried it twice. So bummed. I love her other workouts.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 02:00 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post

Burn it onto a disc and then hurl the disc across the room?

Hurl the icon across the desktop and into the recycling bin?

Delete it, and then bitterly defrag your drive to make sure it's dead?
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 02:32 PM  
casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post

I think first, download dramatic music like "Flight of the Valkries". Then while playing the dramatic music, punctuate the air above you with your index finger and then delete the workout. Take a bow and walk away?

Seems not as satisfying. A strong argument for the continuation of the DVD market!
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 02:32 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I absolutely hate to say this and was sorely disappointed and I usually love Ilaria, but I hated the new Powerstrike. I hate the music...it was difficult to hear a beat in this which I think is essential to kickboxing. Also, the set was awful but I coulda lived with that. I tried it twice. So bummed. I love her other workouts.
I joni-o'd her Bodystrikes 2. Hope I can sell it....

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hip hop abs, joni-o a video, rock it out, rockin body, rockin' body