Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-25-20, 03:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Croutons: Sam's "Member's Mark" croutons! our family eats these as a snack. Sam's hasn't replenished yet.

Vinegar: i noticed that now that cleaning products have been wiped out, the supply of vinegar on shelves has gone down to nil. luckily i found a 2-jug pack at Costco and gave one to my sister.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 03:50 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Any kind of meat! I had to go to three grocery stores (finally found some at Aldi). BJ's only had the $40 steaks and the shelves at Walmart were bare!

A meal is not complete unless it has some meat (according to my DH). He grew up on farms so he's a carnivore.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 04:21 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I just went to my state farmer's market and there is a TON of cheese!! Lots of other things that people are probably looking for and maybe not realizing they could probably find them there. It was completely dead, and I feel bad for the vendors whose businesses are suffering there. I wonder if people assume the farmer's market is closed?

ETA: They also had a lot of sweets and baked goods!
I'm surprised to hear the farmer's market is open! With so many other things being cancelled, I'd assume that would be as well.

And all those with DHs at home - I hear ya. DH works with a university so when the students went home for spring break, he did also. Now it looks like he'll be here through the rest of the year. (don't get me wrong, I love DH but I need some space! And he makes big messes in the kitchen!!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 04:36 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I'm surprised to hear the farmer's market is open! With so many other things being cancelled, I'd assume that would be as well.
I think because they are providing food resources, they are still considered essential. There weren't as many active vendors there as normal, but there was still enough to find what I was looking for.
Old 03-25-20, 04:39 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Coffee is absolutely essential! (I'm tea drinker, so I'll put tea in that category as well.)

Don't take away my caffeine.
I'm a coffee drinker and dh drinks tea. Don't take away our caffeine!

I have to say apples are an essential for me. I usually eat one a day followed closely by bananas.
Old 03-25-20, 04:45 PM  
alisoncooks

My girls and I are missing the library. My book purchasing has definitely gone up this month!

My subscribe and save coffee order (Amazon) came on time/early this month, so I'm set for a while.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 04:45 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Veggies, tortilla chips, yogurt, vodka, coffee, peanut m&ms........
Old 03-25-20, 05:04 PM  
BunnyHop

Yeast!

I'm lucky to be reasonably well supplied, but I don't have any for backup should I run out. Not usually an issue, but since the stores don't have reliable supplies of bread ... .
Old 03-25-20, 05:13 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
My girls and I are missing the library. My book purchasing has definitely gone up this month!

My subscribe and save coffee order (Amazon) came on time/early this month, so I'm set for a while.
Check out your library's e resources. I work in a library and we increased our e resources a lot and added online story times and programs as well.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 05:14 PM  
Izzy

As for the original poster question I would say chips. But I gave them up for Lent so there is that.

My second would be coffee. I cannot be without it.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19