Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-20, 03:43 PM  
Catahoula Cate

We were declared "shelter in place" for the same dates as MN by the end of the day yesterday. Because we are Ag we are exempt but since we live out of town and pretty much just go to town for supplies/groceries, it hasn't changed much in how we live. I'm hoping people will take the precautions seriously and not get complacent because we're rural. I did get my walk in with Belle yesterday and this morning and am keeping up with exercises.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 06:23 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning we walked 3.33 mi then I ran 1.46 mi and did a Classical Stretch episode. I meant to do more. I don't know where the morning goes.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 12:38 PM  
Leonana

Arizona is "stay at home." Our governor didn't want to call it shelter in place, he said that is what you say during war time. I'm not sure it matters, lol. It seems every state comes up with something different.

Dh and dd's jobs are considered essential. I suppose they will keep working unless business slows down. DH works for a moving company and dd works for Starbucks.

I had the flu on Sunday, very mild, with just a low fever. I felt better yesterday, but am still low energy today. I guess I will start working out tomorrow. I don't think it was the virus, I didn't have a cough. But who knows really.
Old 03-31-20, 12:53 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm glad your daughter still has a paycheck coming in, Sherry, but I can't help but wonder how Starbucks can be considered essential. Hope you're feeling tip top soon.

This morning we walked 3.23 mi and then I ran 1.53 mi and did the next CS episode. I need to get some cleaning done, for real. My support group is meeting by Zoom at 3:30 this afternoon. I got Zoom downloaded on my computer, hope it works!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 07:19 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I can't believe it's going to be April tomorrow. For April Fools we have snow predicted! So I guess March came in like a lion and will go out like a lion I've been getting in some walking with Belle almost every day. She is 3 yrs old now and getting more responsive on our walks. I'm remembering to take my pedometer more consistently too.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 04-01-20, 05:30 PM  
Leonana

I need to get outside and walk. I'm going stir crazy. I need a dog! Having a dog always got me outside. But with three cats, I think I'm overloaded on the pet front. I did one of Jessica's workouts today, one of my favorites, Back Friendly Strength Workout.

Vannie, it's considered safe because it's drive through only. I don't know, maybe coffee is essential for some people, lol. But they could make it at home I guess. Most Starbucks have closed, according to dd. Starbucks gave the employees two weeks of paid leave, whether they were sick or not. A lot of employees took the leave, so many stores are temporarily closed. Dd is relieved to work because she has a car payment and insurance, etc. OTH, I know how important it is to isolate. It's really tough right now, every choice seems so heavily weighted.

Katie, I read a funny meme about April 1st on FB. It said something like keep your April Fool's Jokes to yourself, because this whole year has been one!
Old 04-01-20, 08:41 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, I agree. Having a dog to walk with is such a great way to get outside. Maybe the right fit will come along. Glad that Dd can stay employed with the drive through. It's good to be able to have some simple pleasures like Starbucks coffee in times like these even if you can't go inside.

I did make my goals. Nice to say good bye to March!

Do The Next Thing!