Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-20, 06:09 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Taiga Did someone yell Marco Taiga? Cuz she sure answered Polo loud and clear!! What a wonderful post!! Thanks for all that wonderful information

Sending you all healthy thoughts and wishes for your continued Fierceness...you, Fitness Goddesses!!
Linda, LOL You are always a source of cheer on VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Hello Friends. I am soooo happy this morning! All because of that game of Marco Taiga. Those videos are excellent! I really like the Guerrilla Zen guy and the exercises/foam rolling he had. I did some this morning and yes, I definitely have a glute problem and yes, that rolling between exercises really helps!! That second video with the importance of proper hip placement/flexion is a big part of what I did in PT and it's definitely key for me not having the odd sensations running down my leg (sort of a numbness, sort of a cold sensation). And that last woman was a wealth of information but I think I need to start with smaller chunks like the Zen guy had and work my way up to her stuff. I did some of her banded bridges and my glutes almost immediately cramped up -- no my hamstrings, but my glutes. At any rate, enough on that.... except, a huge thank you to Taiga!!!
Bee--So glad you found something useful in all that The fact that you cramped so quickly with banded bridges supports that the glutes/external hip rotators are a big part of the problem. I bet you'll get great results with the work you are doing now and I applaud you on wanting to start gradually and build

KateTT and Kittybug--thank you for the kind words
Old 03-30-20, 07:04 PM  
Mickey12

Yay, Kittybug for tackling Intensity. I think I have ever only done that one once and it was HARD and I don’t think I really liked it very much.

I did STS Total Body timesaver premix with one set per exercise. It was 45 minutes, perfect time for me. Those gliding lunges really got me! Huge cardio factor! My notes on the back of the DVD say “fast paced”. No joke, she really moves quick in this one.

Manley, yes Blissology is the set of one practice per day of the week. Each disc has a meditation with a different theme as well. I used these a lot years ago during a difficult time when my dad was ill. They were a nice diversion.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 08:27 AM  
manleym

Kittybug my sister! YOU were my motivation for doing STS TB yesterday! I really didn't feel like working out, so if it had been up to me, I would have chosen something comfortable. But then I thought, Nope! Can't leave Kittybug hangin'! So thank YOU for starting this, and encouraging us to keep going!!

I'm so sorry that you've been feeling anxious and not sleeping well. I hope you get some good rest soon. That affects everything and it's so hard to function when you're not sleeping well.

YAY for you for pushing through and doing Intensity! You are Wonder Woman!!

Kim I love your premix suggestions! I think STS TB will have some great premixes and the sliding lunges got me too! I like using a glider. Thanks for the info on Blissology. I can see how they would help you through a stressful time.

Hang in there my fierce friends! This group is keeping me going and I look forward to catching up with each of you! Let's stay connected!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 10:38 AM  
ChelePA

I’m sorry that we’re all feeling the stress of this virus. It’s so difficult sometimes to stay positive. I have stopped watching the TV so much. It’s overwhelming at times. That’s why I’m glad I found some workouts that I can modify. Exercise has always been my stress relief.

Today I did Fit Split Boxing with modifications. I used my weighted gloves to increase the intensity. I also did a few chapters from Core Max for my ab workout.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 10:50 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello friends.

I think I did part of Intensity once when I first got it. I should probably try again, at least part of it.

Manleym, love your positivity and I'm here for the same reason -- you all are great inspiration for me!

That said, I woke up at 4am this morning, tossed and turned for a couple of hours, finally got up and decided I could not face an intense Cathe cardio so I did a Jessica Smith 360 Abs walk, followed by my new glute work. It was the perfect intensity for today. I'll get outside for walk or bike later, too, I'm sure. I started house cleaning early this morning and plan to keep going with that -- always good movement.

I'm also wanting to pull out Blissology and other yoga thanks to you gals. We'll see if I can make that happen.

Hope you all have a nice day, with less worries than yesterday.... hopefully!
Old 03-31-20, 04:09 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

HI girls!!!!!!!!! Happy Tuesday! I'll just send waves and hugs to everyone. Loving your workouts, love all the comments!

So far so good on the stay at home order. I'm really glad we don't go very many places anyway. But eventually we'll have to venture out. I have masks and gloves and I plan on wearing them.

4DS Cardio Power mix today. The more I do this set and the different premixes, the more I love it! And since I knew what to expect, it was even more fun.

I really am enjoying this thread and group a lot too!! I guess we can just keep going with this - fantastic check in team!!

Take care, I'm still here just in the middle of a cleaning project so quick post. If nothing else, I'll have a cleaner house due to my layoff!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 06:06 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Aww, Manleym, thank you for saying that! I need you gals and am so glad we're all here!!

Kim, yep, Intensity is INTENSE and something I probably wouldn't like or would at least have high dread factor for if it weren't for the very fun step part. Something about the music, the cast having so much fun, just keeps me going!

ChelePA, I agree the TV is just too much sometimes. It's like a train wreck I can't stop watching...I want to know what's going on and then again, I don't!

Bee, I know all too well that lack of sleep feeling and not being able to face anything too intense. But you still worked out anyway and that's fierce! I adore Jessica.

KateTT, I love your positivity! You're like a ball of sunshine. Don't clean too much, hah!!

Today was High Reps and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm very familiar with this one because it's one of the first Cathe workouts I acquired when returning to her workouts a couple years ago after many years of hiatus...it has a very special place in my heart for being that! I love it, with all the band and disc work and fun!

Keep on keepin' on, fierce friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 06:24 PM  
manleym

Hi my friends!!

Today I did Cathe's LIVE PHA 2020 followed by the step portion of Intensity. BOY HOWDY!!! Kittybug HOW did you do the entire workout?!?! Oh, forgot...cuz you're Wonder Woman!!

Cathe would say "Are you ready for a blast?" and I'm thinking "didn't we JUST DO A BLAST!?!"

After PHA 2020 I had Intensity and Blissology out. Hmm...not sorry I did the step section of Intensity, but Blissology sounds so much better!

Hang in there my fierce friends! Please take care of yourselves!! Love this group and reading everyone's post! Let's keep on keepin' on!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 06:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Hi my friends!!

Today I did Cathe's LIVE PHA 2020 followed by the step portion of Intensity. BOY HOWDY!!! Kittybug HOW did you do the entire workout?!?! Oh, forgot...cuz you're Wonder Woman!!

Cathe would say "Are you ready for a blast?" and I'm thinking "didn't we JUST DO A BLAST!?!"

After PHA 2020 I had Intensity and Blissology out. Hmm...not sorry I did the step section of Intensity, but Blissology sounds so much better!

Hang in there my fierce friends! Please take care of yourselves!! Love this group and reading everyone's post! Let's keep on keepin' on!!
Hah hah hah hah!!! I literally thought the same thing every time she asked if we were ready for a blast...isn't the WHOLE THING just one big blast????!!!!

But speaking of Wonder Woman, uh, you did that AFTER doing a PHA? Are you crazy??? Forget Wonder Woman, you're a WARRIOR!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 06:43 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Catching up on yesterday and today's workouts!

Yesterday I did Step Max and Cathe Live Cardio Core Challenge. Step Max was good cheesy fun and a good workout. I remember doing this one back in the day on a 12 inch step! I don't use that step height anymore. Don't think it was such a great idea then but I was young(er) and dumb. Kim, Maria Latran was in this one as well. She was on Cathe's right, to Cathe's left as you face the screen.

I really like the Cardio Core challenge, even though I didn't do the core. It moved fast through a variety of cardio and it combined moves in an interesting way, at least IMHO. Side note: I accidentally had closed captioning turned on, and at one point the screen translated "catch up" into "ketchup." At another point I read the word "pickles" but I have no idea what the real word was that Cathe said. It gave me a giggle for sure.

ChelePA, I also watch very little news on TV. It can get very stressful and makes me feel so helpless.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in