Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-20, 11:43 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I am seriously missing baseball. I guess that's a big essential non-essential for me as it's one of my best tools for coping with anxiety!
Me too! Our MN Twins had a great season last year. Sigh...

I ran out of ketchup! Not killer, but still....I suppose I could just order it.

Egad CAN'T run out of cheese! ;-)

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 11:48 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Me too! Our MN Twins had a great season last year. Sigh...

I ran out of ketchup! Not killer, but still....I suppose I could just order it.

Egad CAN'T run out of cheese! ;-)
I know! I was all geared up for a great season of battle btwn my #1 Twins and #2 White Sox! And I was all excited that I could listen to the spring training games on Sirius. Sigh.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 11:51 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
This. In boldface and all caps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
DH said he thinks they may just cancel the whole season
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
Another huge baseball fan here. I think your DH is right. I was hoping they could figure out a way to play with no fans since baseball is not a contact sport, but they do spend a lot of time in close contact in the dugout and the locker room, so it's probably not possible.

It's tough not having any sports at all to watch because it also serves as stress relief for me. And watching old games doesn't do anything for me.

My non-essential essential food item would be Brookside Dark Chocolate covered Pomegrantes! I thankfully bought a huge bag the last time I went to Sam's, which was almost 3 weeks ago now. I'm trying to conserve them.
I can see them cancelling the whole season but I so hope they don't. But I know, definitely safety first. It's been interesting reading all the updates on TheScore app about all the financial and service time ramifications of the delayed or cancelled season. I feel especially bad for the minor leaguers and stadium workers.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-30-20, 12:08 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

My husband's a big sports fan, especially baseball and March Madness, so it's not easy for him to be missing both. One of the few sports in the world that took place this month was sumo! Japan held their March sumo tournament, with no spectators and a rule that if anyone tested positive for cv that it would be immediately stopped, but other than one wrestler who took a couple days off for a temperature, they completed the two-week tournament on schedule. My husband and I were watching on Youtube every day and I hope they will be able to hold the May tournament. (Of course I hope there will be a baseball season too)

My son has been playing the new Animal Crossing game on Switch with his friends so I hope that keeps him occupied for a month. Me, I'm watching old comfort programs on Hulu such as MASH, SNL and Nashville.

ETA: here's a fun video for MASH fans!
MASH guide to coronavirus

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 03:37 PM  
suzannaerin

Wimbledon has been canceled.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 08:46 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Someone explain the appeal of professional baseball to me. I know a lot of people are really rabid about it and I would like to understand why. I'm from football country (not that I personally care about football) and I don't get the baseball fascination.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 11:39 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
Someone explain the appeal of professional baseball to me. I know a lot of people are really rabid about it and I would like to understand why. I'm from football country (not that I personally care about football) and I don't get the baseball fascination.
_____
YADeb
I can't speak for everyone but I'll offer my 2 cents. Baseball has lots of handsome men running about in form fitting attire yet it has a reputation for being patriotic and wholesome as apple pie (I love pie ). As a bonus, there is no purposeful tackling or mashing of said handsome participants.

In short, it's kind of naughty and nice with a touch of yummy and flags
AND You even get music - the Star Spangled Banner no less What's not to love?!
Old 03-31-20, 07:28 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I can't speak for everyone but I'll offer my 2 cents. Baseball has lots of handsome men running about in form fitting attire yet it has a reputation for being patriotic and wholesome as apple pie (I love pie ). As a bonus, there is no purposeful tackling or mashing of said handsome participants.

In short, it's kind of naughty and nice with a touch of yummy and flags
AND You even get music - the Star Spangled Banner no less What's not to love?!
Add to that the crack of the bat and the awesome display of talent and athleticism. And if you're lucky enough to have good announcers like the Twins have (imo) then all the better. Just hearing a baseball game, whether on TV or radio, immediately lowers my underlying anxieties even if the game is a close nail biter and I'm on the edge of my seat hoping my team pulls out the win. For me, no other sport, movie or TV show can do that.

Old 03-31-20, 08:28 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post

ETA: here's a fun video for MASH fans!
MASH guide to coronavirus
Thanks for this! MASH was winding down when I was in high school (new episodes were still on Monday nights?), with reruns shown about 3 times a day on different stations. Tastes and situations change, so I'm not sure I could watch it that much anymore, but I still enjoy the occasional episode.
Old 03-31-20, 08:35 AM  
Izzy

I politely agree with Taiga on the perks of watching baseball.

My favorite sport to watch is hockey. Second to that is college football. It's hard not to get excited along with the fans (students) even if you don't have a dog in the fight. My third is Baseball and March madness. I will have to say if we could be watching sports, my life would not be that different right now. The only thing that is keeping me positive is that I can still walk outside, soon to ride my bike and do yard work.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19