Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-20, 10:37 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

The other day I did the Weider X Factor Week 1 workout. It was OK but I am realizing why I was getting away from workout videos. I like going at my own pace and some of the exercises were not great for my back. I also just don't like many of the video instructors. This one wasn't obnoxious but the commentary got very repetitive. I did like some of the exercises and I guess I should preview the rest of the discs to see if there is anything interesting but I really don't have the time. This one is going to the trade pile.
This check in is helping with my de-cluttering efforts!

Today I did a strength training routine of my own creation. I loved it!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 10:46 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I unwrapped Perfect in Ten Stretch and it was worth it. At first I thought even for a stretch the intensity is soft but with each segment it intensifies. Perfect for me is doing 2 or 3 segments together. I have nothing like this, I love it and I’m keeping it.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 02:24 AM  
fanofladyvols

Noel thank you! I feel more confident about purchasing it the next time I am hunting a new upper routine. :-)

Seagreen01 thanks for the review on Perfect in 10. I can't get enough of good stretch workouts.

I opened Strong body stacked sets upper. I am undecided on liking this one..which surprised me. The warmup, the bicep and back chapter and the stretch were my favorite. The pace and exercises for chest and shoulders and triceps were not enjoyable for me. I will wait to try a few of the many premixes that include the great bonuses. I do wish more instructors would give this kind of value in their DVDs.

Only tried the arms and stretch chapters in new to me 10 MS tighten and tone that uses a band and love it. Keeper which doesn't surprise me because I Lara Hudson.

ETA: I have now tried the Strong body stacked sets lower. I loved the music, the outfits, her cueing was spot on and the moves were creative...but too fast for my purpose. I really hoped to use these to lift as heavy as I could but I couldn't do reps at my own pace because she was midway through the next exercise. Not to mention the transitions in general were too fast for me. This LITE doesn't have any premixes or bonuses that are interesting to me like the Upper one does. I will give this one a long break before I do it again.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 02:24 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Noel thank you! I feel more confident about purchasing it the next time I am hunting a new upper routine. :-)

Seagreen01 thanks for the review on Perfect in 10. I can't get enough of good stretch workouts.

I opened Strong body stacked sets upper. I am undecided on liking this one..which surprised me. The warmup, the bicep and back chapter and the stretch were my favorite. The pace and exercises for chest and shoulders and triceps were not enjoyable for me. I will wait to try a few of the many premixes that include the great bonuses. I do wish more instructors would give this kind of value in their DVDs.

Only tried the arms and stretch chapters in new to me 10 MS tighten and tone that uses a band and love it. Keeper which doesn't surprise me because I Lara Hudson.

ETA: I have now tried the Strong body stacked sets lower. I loved the music, the outfits, her cueing was spot on and the moves were creative...but too fast for my purpose. I really hoped to use these to lift as heavy as I could but I couldn't do reps at my own pace because she was midway through the next exercise. Not to mention the transitions in general were too fast for me. This LITE doesn't have any premixes or bonuses that are interesting to me like the Upper one does. I will give this one a long break before I do it again.
Linda, you're welcome. Should you decide to get Chiseled Upper Body, I hope you like it. Although I've only done it once, I think I like it better than Stacked Sets Upper. I appreciate the time efficiency of Stacked Upper, but it does seem to move too quickly in spots. Sometimes I pick up heavier weights and go slower than Cathe. I don't ever do the warp speed tricep dips she does in her workouts. They seem like a shoulder injury waiting to happen!
Old 01-12-20, 11:18 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did Linda Woolridge's Triple Burn Chisel It!
The Loop Band kept bunching up and there were alot of equipment changes. Band on then band off, then back again, add a ball behind the leg, use flat band with and without weight, etc, It drove me crazy. But I liked the way she used the band on the Pilates 100.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 12:56 PM  
PhyllisG

I just did McLoed Yoga for Strength. Melissa McLeod. Loved it. Had it for ages and just never did it. This is the only yoga with weights that I like. Tried others but they didn’t click.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 07:06 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Moon View Post
Linda, you're welcome. Should you decide to get Chiseled Upper Body, I hope you like it. Although I've only done it once, I think I like it better than Stacked Sets Upper. I appreciate the time efficiency of Stacked Upper, but it does seem to move too quickly in spots. Sometimes I pick up heavier weights and go slower than Cathe. I don't ever do the warp speed tricep dips she does in her workouts. They seem like a shoulder injury waiting to happen!
Just chiming in, I also like Chiseled Upper Body, more so than the Stacked Upper Body from Lite. As I have gotten older, I am not a fan of repeats so when I have done the workout I have only done the premix that runs through once. There are a couple exercises where you do a couple sets in CUB of the same exercise but it's not too bad.

While I think the Stacked workouts are good, I personally am not a big fan of them, they don't really suit me because of the faster pace, my back is in sorry shape and the pace is tough on it and I end up modifying most of the exercises, might as well just do a different video where the pace suits me better.

Come to think of it, the only workouts I really like from the Lite set are the band workout and the kickbox workout. I liked PHA initially but my enthusiasm for that one has diminished as well, the repeats and some of the exercises are hard on my back.

It's sort of the same with the ICE set, my favorites there are the Chiseled Upper Body and the Metabolic Total Body workout, the other ones just don't get any use or very little.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 06:27 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I have been trying various "new" to me workouts this month thanks to this thread! I am a longtime Cathe Live and DVD user, and I find it takes a good workout to match up to hers. I recently did KCM's Stepboxing 2, Workout 1, and I found there was too much TIFTing. Anyone else feel that way?

Thanks for this thread!

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 10:34 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I unwrapped Brazil Butt Lift and did Bum Bum. It was uncomplicated, fun and enough of a challenge. I was able to up and down the intensity as needed.
Looking forward to trying the other workouts in this set.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 12:02 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
I unwrapped Perfect in Ten Stretch and it was worth it. At first I thought even for a stretch the intensity is soft but with each segment it intensifies. Perfect for me is doing 2 or 3 segments together. I have nothing like this, I love it and I’m keeping it.
I bought this at a thrift store last year and I enjoy it! I don't stretch as much as I should so I was happy to find this workout! I've done the whole workout, but found that stringing a few of the segments together is usually how I use this dvd. Also, I'm noticing that many of the dvd's I own are lacking in sufficient stretches after the workouts so it is great to have this in my collection.

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins