Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-19, 11:56 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
karla25 you have the most precious avatar photo. OMG!

Kim

Agree!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 12:02 PM  
sherry7899

I love Yoga with Adriene, but I totally understand not clicking with her. She does talk a lot.

If you want a no nonsense chatter/sound effects free instructor on you tube I really like the channel "Yoga Upload." She has a wide variety of practices with different lengths and focuses.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAUWd...pohw/playlists

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 12:35 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:

Kim
I agree!

I am recovering from injury, so have been doing very few workouts - no recent Joni O-ing for me. I have been trying to build up strength again. Yesterday I was doing Jari's 30-min Weights and Abs workout when the universe Joni-O'd it for me - twice! Our power went out, briefly came back, then out again. I did a few exercises for my injured areas and decided to call it a day.

Eta: I did manage to do the complete Weight and Abs this pm, so it's not fair to have Jari in the 'Joni-O' column. It's a great little bonus workout if you're not familiar with it!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 07:33 PM  
Leonana

Lucy Wyndham-Read, her you tube channel. I've listened to her story on how she overcame the death of her fiance, and she sounds like an amazing person. But I tried a couple of her workouts and just can't click with it.
Old 09-26-19, 09:20 PM  
Karla25

Quote:

Kim
Thank you and everyone that agrees with you! Wasn’t sure how to quote everyone that was kind enough to quote you, but I appreciate them.
Old 09-26-19, 09:36 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I agree with Betsey and Sherry! I sometimes call that "fake yoga teacher voice."
I have the Jane Adams Gentle Yoga (I think it's the older one) that I got in a trade but have not done yet. Now I may never try it. The Fake yoga teacher voice drives me nuts. I once went to a live restorative yoga class- it was just what my body needed at the time. It felt so good but I had to leave because I became so agitated at the instructors voice. Not the effect I was going for.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-19, 08:47 AM  
Ann1964

I tried Leslie a few times. Drove me nuts. Also, sorry but her body type does not inspire me.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-19, 11:56 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

There's one KCM boxing or kickboxing workout where she doesn't stay with the beat of the music. I stuck with it for 10 minutes or so but just couldn't take it.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-19, 12:19 PM  
PhyllisG

I found the Gentle Yoga dvd uninspiring and boring. Sorry just an opinion.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-19, 05:05 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
Hee hee. So funny story on that first combo. Let me preface this with the fact that I really adore Amy Bento's step - and ASC was my first one and I just fell in love with it - still adore it, probably some of that for nostalgia reasons. However, that said, she is complex, and it takes awhile to learn the combos. I thought I had it all down pat and it was only after a year (A YEAR!!) into doing the workout I realized I was doing the entire first combo facing the wrong way on the bench.
OMG, me too! Well maybe not a year, but the 1st few times, I realized I was on the wrong side of the step.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joni-o, joni-o a video, jonio a workout