Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-14, 01:09 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Linda I hope you feel better soon. You've been dealing with pain a long time.

I have back pain, also. Just like athompson10, I find movement helps. The minute I sit down and try to nurse my back is when things really good bad. I'm in the middle of a flare up right now...hate it.

Take care.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 01:59 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Jackie - Thanks. I'm sorry you're having a flare. Do you know what set it off? If I didn't exercise I'd have been bedridden years ago. I usually put an ice pack in my pants to walk the dog. I wish Miranda could help me like she helps you. Maybe once the vertebrae get stabilized I'll be able to do CS again.
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 07:11 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Linda, I sincerely hope that physical therapy will help you. Living with chronic pain is difficult and I feel for you. I'm sending you lots of hugs and love!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 08:31 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda H View Post
Jackie - Thanks. I'm sorry you're having a flare. Do you know what set it off? .
Hanging my head as I am a bit embaressed....but I think it was climbing about 165 tall steps at a waterfall park last night. You wouldn't think that would do it but that is the only thing I did different and today has been a painful day. I've walked and worked quite a bit out, though. CS does wonders for me.

I do hope you get to feeling better soon, Linda.

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 07-25-14, 09:23 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Thanks Paine. Hugs and love right back at ya! Be good to your back and with a lot of luck it will be good to you.

Jackie! Jackie! Jackie! LOL Remember the tall box? Sort of similar to tall steps. At least you did something that was hopefully fun and enjoyable.

I'm a mess and I was at Mary's looking for something new. What is wrong with me??

I have Supple Leopard and can't find it. How does a book that big disappear?
Old 07-25-14, 09:48 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Jackie! Jackie! Jackie! LOL Remember the tall box? Sort of similar to tall steps. At least you did something that was hopefully fun and enjoyable.
Yes, you are right! What was I thinking? I have gotten rid of everything tall box. Oh well. I was hiking with the family, looking at a really pretty waterfall.

Old 07-28-14, 10:19 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Jackie - how's your back? Hope it's better by now.

I had my evaluation at physical therapy this morning. Very interesting. She's going with the main cause of pain being the SI joint and my rotated pelvis just like I've been saying for months. The surgeon shook his head no and rolled his eyes when I told him what I thought. I also have a noticeable leg length difference that wasn't there before the knee replacement. It could be because the pelvis is rotated, or dare I say it? Could be because of the knee replacement. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when the dr. gets the initial report. Of course we don't want all of the x-ray findings to get worse but at the moment they aren't the problem. Onward and upward!
Old 07-28-14, 11:03 AM  
Stephanie84

so sorry

I had a herniated disc last year that I had surgery on and pelvis rotation all the time that I go to my chiropractor for. Back pain is awful, I still have flare ups every once in a while. I've found that Barre workouts are easiest for me to do so I don't get reinjured.

I hope everything works out ok and surgery helps if you have to go that route. I would do my surgery again in a second!
Stephanie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 11:22 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Stephanie - thanks! Sorry you had to have surgery but it sounds like it worked out great for you. I was just thinking that barre would strengthen the muscles I need strengthened. You helped with my decision. Pretzel is the only thing barre that's ever caused serious pain and I can easily avoid that. You're one of a few that say they'd do surgery again. I'm very happy for you that it helped.
Old 07-28-14, 11:31 AM  
Stephanie84

Quote:
Stephanie - thanks! Sorry you had to have surgery but it sounds like it worked out great for you. I was just thinking that barre would strengthen the muscles I need strengthened. You helped with my decision. Pretzel is the only thing barre that's ever caused serious pain and I can easily avoid that. You're one of a few that say they'd do surgery again. I'm very happy for you that it helped.
Good - glad to have helped! I do Barre and some Tracy Anderson, but mostly TA arms, abs and standing legs series.
Stephanie84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back injury, john sarno