Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-12-16, 09:47 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Find your Olympic body double, 2016 edition

BBC did this 4 years ago and this year's widget is improved, with fields for height, weight, gender and age (used for tiebreakers). I'm most like two women shooters, one Croatian and one Mexican, and a Turkish hammer-thrower. Among men, my matches are two Egyptian wrestlers and a Vietnamese weightlifter. Check it out!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/36984887

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 09:58 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Fun! I matched up with two female rugby sevens players and a volleyball player. Only remember the name of one rugger and I google'd her - AWESOME muscles!
Old 08-12-16, 10:13 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

That was fun. I matched a cyclist, shooter and canoeist. They're all quite a bit younger than I am though, lol.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 10:45 AM  
laurajhawk

That was fun! I matched with a weightlifter, a sailor, and a cyclist (all female; I didn't try matching with men, but I'm only 5'1" so that would be hard). They're also much younger than I am, but I was surprised how many athletes are my age! (I think there were 7 of them - and I'm 52!)

ETA I had to go back and try matching with male athletes. I got another weightlifter and two judokas!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 10:58 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

That was fun!! At first, I didn't think they would find anybody since I am short.
I only searched for females. They found a hockey player from Great Britain. And two females that just state Athletics. I don't know what that means since it's not very specific. They are in their mid to late 20's so a lot younger than me.
Old 08-12-16, 11:25 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
That was fun! I matched with a weightlifter, a sailor, and a cyclist (all female; I didn't try matching with men, but I'm only 5'1" so that would be hard). They're also much younger than I am, but I was surprised how many athletes are my age! (I think there were 7 of them - and I'm 52!)
There are six that are my age, 53! I wish they would list them. Probably equestrians or golfers.

Helen, I think "athletics" is the umbrella term for track and field and running events. I googled the name of the Turkish woman labeled "athletics" to find out she's a hammer thrower.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 03:32 PM  
cherimac

Gymnasts for me. No surprise. I'm a 5'2" meso with a medium build and always say I am built like a gymnast.

ETA: I did get one long jumper(athletics) and a hockey person when I did the test again. The weird thing is when I looked up the long jumper it said she was 5'6" while the site above said 5'2".
Old 08-12-16, 03:52 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
There are six that are my age, 53! I wish they would list them. Probably equestrians or golfers.
-Phillip Dutton, eventing bronze medalist for USA is 53. Here is the save of the century - he has to get his horse between the flags (look hard) and managed to body slam Happy (horse) mid air to make it happen:

https://www.facebook.com/eventingnat...315062/?type=3

I can't get the link to work for me, too old I guess.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 09:16 PM  
Lannette

I'm too old! In great shape but no matches. Oh well.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 09:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hmm, I can't get it to work--I fill all the info but then the "Find Your Match" button isn't clickable for me. Maybe I'm too old too? I'm 48.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body double, body image, olympic, olympics