Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-26-16, 04:19 PM  
primrosecat

Pudgy knees-help

I have fat knees! Yes, I've gained weight and need to lose it. But are there any exercises that will tighten the area right along the inside of the knee and the area right above it? I couldn't find any threads about this, and really really want some input. Thanks!!
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-16, 04:42 PM  
puja

I'll be following this one because I too have pudgy knees, just bad genetics and losing weight doesn't help much. I'm not overweight, but have a little extra around the knees
puja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-16, 06:58 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I can vouch for this one as it signaficantly changed the appearance of my knees. Use an octopus massager on your knees and around them. I use a Fascia Blaster but an octopus massager should work too. It has done wonders to my knees.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-16, 07:28 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

This might be out there for you but when I did T-Tapp More Chair (a 10 minute routine in a chair) I got the best legs I ever had. It seemed to really get rid of all that inner thigh pudge: pudgy knee, inner middle, pudgy upper thigh.

I think it has to do with how you can get your knees out in a chair more than you can standing. I know they say there is no such thing as targeting fat loss. But this did. My routine:
1) T-Tapp More Chair 2-3x/week.
2) After 2 two weeks, quit because you are lame and inconsistent.
3) Wait a week doing nothing and then wake up one day and notice while you are walking past the mirror that somehow spontaneously your legs seemed to have started looking more fabulous than they ever have in your entire life. (I am not exaggerating.)
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-16, 09:11 PM  
primrosecat

What is an octopus massager?

What is T-Tapp More Chair?
Old 07-26-16, 09:49 PM  
sugar rose

https://smile.amazon.com/niceeshop-R...topus+massager

I don't know how to do that thing where people include a link (with the highlighted blue-type "here" or "this item")! (Maybe someone could tell me? Thanks in advance!) But if you go to Amazon and search for "octopus massager," several items come up, with varying prices.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-16, 07:58 AM  
Michefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
I can vouch for this one as it signaficantly changed the appearance of my knees. Use an octopus massager on your knees and around them. I use a Fascia Blaster but an octopus massager should work too. It has done wonders to my knees.
Hi mizach - I have a Fascia Blaster AND pudgy knees - I just got my FB about a month ago... Can you tell me where exactly do you use it for your knees? I feels awkward to blast in this area.
Just wondering - I would love to fix this area!
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-16, 11:14 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrosecat View Post
What is T-Tapp More Chair?
T-Tapp More is a workout by Teresa Tapp and Chair is one of the short routines on it (10 minutes). More Chair is actually designed for people who can't do the full More workout, or for something for the off-day.

If you are interested in the More workout, T has had a special for a while with both More 1 & 2 for $10 more. Although the full More 1 and More 2 workouts are significantly different (as far as T-Tapp goes), the Chair routines on More 1 and More 2 are almost identical to each other. More 2 Chair is sequenced slightly differently, and slightly shorter, but the exercises are identical. I think she just talks less in More 2 Chair.

She recently put up for sale just a Chair routine - More 3 Chair, which is only available as an online workout (streaming I think?). The description says its 8 minutes longer and also more challenging, but I have never done it. I don't know what kind of knee pudge results you would get with this, but at $19.95, it is considerably cheaper to try.

(ETA: I should say, although I had this great result, YMMV. )
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-16, 01:16 PM  
puja

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
T-Tapp More is a workout by Teresa Tapp and Chair is one of the short routines on it (10 minutes). More Chair is actually designed for people who can't do the full More workout, or for something for the off-day.

If you are interested in the More workout, T has had a special for a while with both More 1 & 2 for $10 more. Although the full More 1 and More 2 workouts are significantly different (as far as T-Tapp goes), the Chair routines on More 1 and More 2 are almost identical to each other. More 2 Chair is sequenced slightly differently, and slightly shorter, but the exercises are identical. I think she just talks less in More 2 Chair.

She recently put up for sale just a Chair routine - More 3 Chair, which is only available as an online workout (streaming I think?). The description says its 8 minutes longer and also more challenging, but I have never done it. I don't know what kind of knee pudge results you would get with this, but at $19.95, it is considerably cheaper to try.

(ETA: I should say, although I had this great result, YMMV. )
I guess I'll be the guinea pig for this one because I just purchased it.
puja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-16, 01:33 PM  
primrosecat

Thanks for the info on T-Tapp. I had a 50% off coupon which I let expire But I will definitely look into this. Meanwhile, I did some plies last night, and I could really feel the effect on this area of the knee. Any thoughts on this? I felt it enough that I'm going to try 100 plies every other day

Tags
fat, more chair, pudgy knees, teresa tapp