Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-21, 09:27 AM  
laurajhawk

I've decided to buy. I doubt I'll do the whole rotation, but I'll have the workouts to use as I like. I'm a bit concerned about the technical problems - I've never used Purple Player - but I'll assume it will get sorted out. The money-back guarantee is helpful with new-to-me tech too.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 09:36 AM  
Leonana

Laura, I have never had an issue with PP before, it usually goes smoothly. In fact, I prefer it to dvds, it's very convenient. Also, it seems most people are fine, it's just a few of us.

I think the issue is that normally it's just the workout on PP. But this time Jessica has a separate website for check ins and a forum. Apparently, she will be participating in the check ins and forum. Anyway, somehow this has to be linked to PP, and it seems there are issues for some of us.
Old 03-05-21, 09:42 AM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Laura, I have never had an issue with PP before, it usually goes smoothly. In fact, I prefer it to dvds, it's very convenient. Also, it seems most people are fine, it's just a few of us.

I think the issue is that normally it's just the workout on PP. But this time Jessica has a separate website for check ins and a forum. Apparently, she will be participating in the check ins and forum. Anyway, somehow this has to be linked to PP, and it seems there are issues for some of us.
I wish I knew how to help you. Lift and Shift appeared immediately on the app on my TV and on the player on my laptop. I’ve also downloaded the workouts to the player on my laptop.

Have you tried logging out of your library and then logging back in?

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 09:45 AM  
laurajhawk

I haven't installed Purple Player anywhere, will probably do that this weekend, but I'm pleased with the browser experience on my laptop (having purchased ). If I had to, I could stream the laptop to my TV, though I expect to be able to use Purple on the AppleTV.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:51 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Unless I'm mistaken (I haven't done Jessica's streaming), I do not believe this is an option. AFAIK there isn't any streaming on her site independent of Purple Player; Purple Player is her platform for all devices not just smart TVs.
Interesting. I "purchased" the free introduction video and it played fine on my computer.

On the FAQ:
If you are new to our platform, please try our free Introduction video available https://www.liftandshift.us/checkout...gionlylift-723 prior to purchase. Before you buy, give it a test run to find out if your set-up and wifi support digital delivery and if it is right for you.

ETA: Does anyone have the actual email address for Jessica's support? I hate when they just have an email button to click and it tries to access your email account.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:54 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Well I said I wouldn't get it, but I just did. I realized that in the video that the strength training really looked slow and controlled, which I like. I also love her core work and how she always focuses on balance and functional strength. I'm excited!

Plus, I have really been trying to support small businesses during the pandemic, and Jessica is definitely a small business. I think she put a lot into this system, and I think $97 is a reasonable cost for that.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 11:02 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
I wish I knew how to help you. Lift and Shift appeared immediately on the app on my TV and on the player on my laptop. I’ve also downloaded the workouts to the player on my laptop.

Have you tried logging out of your library and then logging back in?
Yes, I logged in and out to the PP website, my Iphone PP app, and my Roku PP channel.

I think it's partly my fault. Since there were going to be accountability emails, I wanted them to go to another email. So I changed my email on the PP website, and I ordered Lift and Shift with the new email. But I forgot to change the Roku channel email. I've since changed it, logged in and out three times.

But when I clicked on email support from the Lift and Shift website, it took me to my old email. Somehow the system isn't accepting the new email. If I had known, I wouldn't have changed it, lol.

Thanks for the help. I'm glad to know that it worked for you. I am talking to Support. I'm sure it will be fixed eventually.
Old 03-05-21, 11:04 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
Interesting. I "purchased" the free introduction video and it played fine on my computer.

On the FAQ:
If you are new to our platform, please try our free Introduction video available https://www.liftandshift.us/checkout...gionlylift-723 prior to purchase. Before you buy, give it a test run to find out if your set-up and wifi support digital delivery and if it is right for you.

ETA: Does anyone have the actual email address for Jessica's support? I hate when they just have an email button to click and it tries to access your email account.
I believe that Jessica's tech support is the Purple Player tech support. You can bypass the email by going to your account on the PP website. They have a Support section where you can message them. That's what I'm doing currently.
Old 03-05-21, 11:05 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
Well I said I wouldn't get it, but I just did. I realized that in the video that the strength training really looked slow and controlled, which I like. I also love her core work and how she always focuses on balance and functional strength. I'm excited!

Plus, I have really been trying to support small businesses during the pandemic, and Jessica is definitely a small business. I think she put a lot into this system, and I think $97 is a reasonable cost for that.
So far, all the reviews in the FB group have been really positive. I'm looking forward to trying it!
Old 03-05-21, 11:11 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I believe that Jessica's tech support is the Purple Player tech support. You can bypass the email by going to your account on the PP website. They have a Support section where you can message them. That's what I'm doing currently.
I wanted to be able to play it from my computer (like I did the Introduction video) without PP. I guess that isn't possible?
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift