Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-21, 09:55 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I got the email as well. I like the idea of a strength program since I mainly do iFit programs on my treadmill for cardio.

How is purple player? I’ve never used that platform. Can you download an app on AppleTV for it?
Kathy, I just googled that question and it looks like there is an AppleTV app for it. That's how I would use it.

I have started a new thread "Lift & Shift Decision Thread" on the theory that a new program can support several threads and this one is already a long discussion about the announcement and the media (DVD/digital).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 09:56 AM  
amery

I'm disappointed. I guess I was hoping for kind of a Walk Strong 4. It looks like there are no cardio workouts. Also, part of the reason I gravitate to home workouts is the flexibility they offer. Having a deadline to sign up doesn't work for me. I don't think I'll be signing up this time. The email says the "course" will be offered again in June. Maybe then. I have more flexibility with time in the summer.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 10:00 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Oh well, digital plus group training equals a big no from me. I would have purchased the DVDs.

The only instructors that continue with DVDs appear to be Cathe and KCM.
Old 03-04-21, 10:42 AM  
Gams

And Gina B.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 10:48 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

And Define & Align from XTrainFit released in September 2020. Great DVD set!
Old 03-04-21, 11:04 AM  
anik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
And Define & Align from XTrainFit released in September 2020. Great DVD set!
Hi Usia,

I am interested in that set (Define & Align) - - could you please tell a bit more about that program and why you like it?

Thank you very much in advance!
anik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:25 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Oops! Thank you! I am not sleeping well so my concentration is awful. Thank you!
Sherry, no problem! Great name btw! I’m sorry if I sounded testy. I realize you are coming from a place of concern. All I know is that covid was a very stressful issue for her. Hopefully, everything else is well.

Jessica never asked Janessa to do the video on FB, Janessa wanted to do it because she liked the workout.

Since I’m a moderator of the FB group and love Jessica, but also love VF and can understand everyone’s concerns, I find myself in the middle a lot!

My impression is that Jessica is a very private person. Tbh, I’m okay with that, I’m mostly interested in the workouts
Old 03-04-21, 12:26 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by amery View Post
I'm disappointed. I guess I was hoping for kind of a Walk Strong 4. It looks like there are no cardio workouts. Also, part of the reason I gravitate to home workouts is the flexibility they offer. Having a deadline to sign up doesn't work for me. I don't think I'll be signing up this time. The email says the "course" will be offered again in June. Maybe then. I have more flexibility with time in the summer.
From what I understand, you can purchase the workouts anytime. The deadline is for the check in.
Old 03-04-21, 04:07 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anik View Post
Hi Usia,

I am interested in that set (Define & Align) - - could you please tell a bit more about that program and why you like it?

Thank you very much in advance!
Check out this thread. There's been some discussion about this set and Carol (txmom) posted excellent reviews of the dvds she'd done. http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...t=define+align

I like this set because each DVD is just 30min long, you get 12 DVDs that are very efficient, great variety of workouts (strength, cardio, pilates, barre). Karen doesn't rep you to death and yet you feel worked out. You get a workout calendar, nutrition guide, a ball and a band. The production and sound quality is substandard (but not too bad), but workouts are solid.
Old 03-04-21, 05:54 PM  
Leonana

I did watch the FB Group Video by the moderator Janessa. She went into more detail about the dvds.

Because of Covid there is a very limited supply of hard copy dvd's right now. While you can get them, it is very expensive, and then you still need to print to them. She tried to see if there was another way she could do it, but it wasn't going to be affordable. Amazon has a print to order service, but it takes 2-3 months and the quality isn't good. She also said Jessica worked on the program for about nine months and it was delayed repeatedly because of the issue with the dvds. She couldn't find a work around for it, unfortunately.

Jessica knows that some will be upset by no dvd's, but there will be dvds in the future for other workouts. However, Janessa doesn't know if it will include this program.

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift