Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-21, 10:48 AM  
bubbles76

I am so sorry for all that have caught Covid or that have lost loved ones from Covid.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 10:32 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by susand View Post
it is awful. both dh and i have it. no energy at all. it has been about a week and a half.
his brother was only 48 and passed away from it. i think short walks are about all i can handle right now. ugh! used to doing cathe.
I'm so sorry about your husband's brother. I hope you both recover soon.
Old 02-10-21, 09:48 AM  
susand

Thank you. He passed away in January, right before his 49th birthday. He was quite a character and is terribly missed. Covid is an awful thing. Recovery so slow for us.
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 10:05 AM  
TinaT

I also had a moderate/hard case without being hospitalized in Oct. I am still trying to get back to what my normal was. It effected my BP to the point the docs tripled my meds just to control it. They have since dropped it to being doubled. They're not sure I will ever go back to the original dose.

I still deal with the fatigue off and on. My taste comes and goes. (I lost taste and smell for 6 weeks). The biggest issue for me right now is that my immune system was so compromised and depleited that I catch any and all virus, colds, etc. I just finished the flu. Before covid I never got sick. Literally.

I'm sorry you had this. Be kind to yourself. You will have great days and then out of the blue a rough one. Do the best you can on the rough ones. I didn't start exercising until mid Jan and it's been off and on. So I concentrate on my food intake and add the exercise when I can.

Best to you.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 01:24 PM  
hypnomoon

I hope Marilyn is able to come back and give us her update. It's helpful to talk to people who are actually dealing with COVID and the recovery than to read anything in the news. There's just so much conflicting info with the news. I read an article last night that said people with gum disease will have a much harder time of it. I told my husband that they should just say people who breathe will have a much harder time of it. Ugh, really.

I hope everyone can stay well and safe. My husband that is in 1A class finally gets his vaccine this Saturday. At 78, he is very worried about getting the virus. I have to wait til late Spring or early Summer. I don't mind waiting because I know there are so many others in greater need.

However, being so fatigued...that scares me.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 03:26 PM  
Nelly G

Marilyn, Tina T, and Sunsan D,

I hope you all soon recover from Covid. Susan I am sorry about your husband brother.

I did not get Covid but I lost someone who was very dear to me. A very good friend. I did get the flue and first I get better and to feel less tired I do the first day 5 minutes cardio, the next day 8 minutes or I do toning like Callanetics.
I wish you all well.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 09:34 PM  
Leonana

I’m sorry to hear about your friend, Nelly.

TinaT, that is alarming about the possible effect on bp. I have mild hypertension, and certainly don’t want that to change.
Old 02-10-21, 09:52 PM  
TinaT

Sherry ~My BP was considered mild so I didn't think much of it when I first caught Covid. But about 7 days in, I realized something was wrong. It took 3 weeks to get it under control and regulated. I feel much better now and check my BP often.

I surely don't want anyone to die from this horrid virus, but I'm also very concerned about the permanent side affects many people are experiencing. We have a friend with heart and lung damage. So terrible.
Old 02-10-21, 09:59 PM  
rhbrand

That's what's so scary. Even mild cases are now showing signs of fairly bad heart, lung and kidney damage.
So yes,you survived, but now maybe you have had 10 years cut off your life thanks to Covid's lasting damage to your organs.
Old 02-11-21, 07:32 AM  
TinaT

Marilyn ~ I usually do Aerobic Weight Training and Rebounding for my workouts. I have not been consistantly successful since starting back in Jan. So just this week I've decided to slow down and do Classical Stretch, along with some Yoga and Pilates based routines. As much as I want to burn up major calories and get a good sweat on, it's just not doable yet.

My main focus right now is rebuilding my immune system. All of this is going to take time and attention like nothing else I've experienced. You are not alone and I hope you find good health soon.

Keep it Simple.

Tags
breathing, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, restarting