Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-21, 05:27 PM  
shoegoddess

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 05:28 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lori One of my checkin buddies (bee) has days with cute titles like this. But I also love your Tracie Tuesdays and Fusion Fridays!

Cindy have you kept all those?
Yes. I have every one.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 06:14 PM  
diggerholliday

I use a 5 year journal where I jot down workouts, general health and mood. It's interesting to see what I did in years past or little tidbits of life that I may have forgotten about. Like the day I logged 25,000 steps or my health or even sleep. For me, having a multi-year journal is more helpful than just a monthly one.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 06:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I used to keep one (in one of those black/white composition books), and **Hello Bzar**, both times were when i lost a lot of weight.

i started back on it last week, but haven't been very consistent.

to the OP, bfit, i agree with what others have said to continue doing one, but adapt it. since you have been thinking of alternatives, how about simply tracking what you've been trying during this transition phase, including your observations?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 07:24 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I used to just keep track in a notebook - name of the workout and how many minutes. One day a few years ago I was bored at work so created an Excel file with a worksheet for each month showing the title, instructor, time spent, type of w/o and a comment section. Each worksheet has a different color for the column headers. It's pretty! I enter the total number of workouts and time for each month of the previous year so I can compare and try to at least do the same number or exceed in the current year.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 07:31 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I log usually just the initials of instructor and the initials of the workout in a simple excel spreadsheet and usually the # of minutes. It's in the same spreadsheet I log my daily weight in. Basically I have a column for weight, column for "time of the month" and column for workout done (or not done). Only takes a minute to log.

I also have a 1-page excel spreadsheet with color-coded cells of most of Jessica Smith's workouts. I definitely have the # of minutes of each segment and very limited notes about whether the warmup and cooldown are separate segments or if a particular segment was "easy" or if chair is used during cooldown stretch and stuff like that. And I use a # symbol if weights are used, * for resistance band used, ^ for high step used, etc. I have a little key in the upper right corner of the spreadsheet. It's a little messy but it works for me so far.

Here's my 1-page Jessica dvd reference sheet in case anyone's interested:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sAb...ew?usp=sharing

Jessica has so many workouts on so many dvds that I'd be completely lost without this reference. I still haven't tried all the workouts and color coded every cell--I have different colors based on if I tried it, tried it and really liked it, and if my mom can do it with me (she can't handle too much "choreography", i.e. too many zigzag steps, v-steps, etc.).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 11:20 AM  
zoegirl

I've seen a coloring page with 12 months on one page and you color in a small section each day. Does anyone have access to one that they can share? I've seen some on Pinterest but always have trouble when it comes to downloading them.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 01:51 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
I've seen a coloring page with 12 months on one page and you color in a small section each day. Does anyone have access to one that they can share? I've seen some on Pinterest but always have trouble when it comes to downloading them.
Are you talking about this one (originally posted about in a recent thread):

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PbXd1de-35...0/CALENDAR.jpg

Recent thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230097

I was able to download it as an image by right clicking on the page.

Here's a pdf version I uploaded to google drive (I changed it to a pdf):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HAs...ew?usp=sharing

Here's the original jpg image I uploaded to google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PfK...ew?usp=sharing

Does that help?
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 03:14 PM  
zoegirl

That's it, adawn! Thanks for your help!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 05:56 PM  
saffron

In the past I've used a calendar, sometimes in a notebook.
I don't know why, but I feel like the workout only counts when I right it down

I'm getting one of those "One Line A Day" journals that last 5 years ... but using it for workouts
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
logging, workout log, workout logs