Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-20, 09:09 PM  
acey

Instructors cohosting workouts

I pulled out a classic oldie, the G-Force Ultimate Hi-Lo, yesterday and it really. helped get me out of my current winter solstice funk. Yes, it helps that they are three hot guys, lol, but also the variety of 3 different routines in one workout and the camaraderie.

It made me think that co-hosted workouts (single DVDs, not programs like BodyCombat) seem few and far between. The most recent I can recall is Amy Dixon and Paul Katami. There was a great cardio workout by Kari Anderson and Jay Blahnick, the G-Force workouts, the Boyd sisters for CIA, and some of the early Firms. And some Kathy Smith kickboxing workouts with "guest" instructors.

I've often fantasized about which instructors I'd like to see co-hosting workouts. Like Cathe and KCM - a potential Jersey juggernaut!

Any thoughts?
Old 12-22-20, 09:48 PM  
sherry7899

I enjoy the Scott Cole/Janis Saffell Yin Yang workout. I wish they had made more workouts together.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 09:00 AM  
Gams

I loved the cardio workout Jay Blahnik and Linda McHugh made!

I also enjoyed Jane’s workouts with different combinations of Laurel, Jeannie, Michele, Jay and Mark.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 09:47 AM  
laurajhawk

There's one with Jessica Smith and her husband Guillermo Gomez - it's perpetually on my wish list and I've never bought it, but I think folks here liked it.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 10:17 AM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
There's one with Jessica Smith and her husband Guillermo Gomez - it's perpetually on my wish list and I've never bought it, but I think folks here liked it.
Oooh yes - I haven't done it in a while but it was great - I believe there were 4 15-minute sections. Inspired to go find it!

That reminds me that Guillermo also did a workout with former flame Janis Saffell and that was awesome too!
Old 12-23-20, 02:36 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I loved the cardio workout Jay Blahnik and Linda McHugh made!

I also enjoyed Jane’s workouts with different combinations of Laurel, Jeannie, Michele, Jay and Mark.
Loved the Jay and Linda workout too. Such an upbeat tag team, fun!
The Fondas tag teams are fun too.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 06:29 PM  
Gams

I e-mailed Linda McHugh awhile back and asked if she’d be making more workouts. She was very nice but said probably not. Forgot to mention her name when I listed Jane Fonda’s crew. And Jay!

Last edited by Gams; 12-23-20 at 06:30 PM. Reason: To add Jay
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 12:47 PM  
Mickey12

Oohhhh, I have a bunch!

Rob Glick and Kimberly Spreen Core Cuts. It’s six sections of different ab moves, lots of variety, uses a medicine ball, stability ball and floor work.

Tracy York and Michelle Dozois Step it Off and Work it Off. They made two of each of these. Really fun choreography and moderate work.

Tanya Djelevic and Teri Ann Kreijting TNT Total Body System, these workouts are so fun, lots of great chemistry between them, 10 minute segments of all different kinds of work, body weight, kickboxing, mixed impact.

Ilaria Montegnani and Patricia Moreno in the original Powerstrikes. I recently tried these due to a generous VFer who converted the VHS to DVD for me.

Sharon Twombly and Season Zieger Double Cardio, CIA 2604. Two great workouts on this. All Body Cardio which is really fun but really hard and Bosu Blast which can be done on a a step too, fun moderate work.

Looking through these definitely makes me want to do some of these again. It been too long!
Old 12-26-20, 01:14 PM  
hypnomoon

I have one with Jannis Saffell and Guillermo Gomez when they were together.

I also have 2 DVDs with 2 guys working out. They are step workouts. And, I believe they are partners. They younger man was the headliner and his partner, a more mature man, did one of the segments, otherwise he was doing the easier movements. It was only those 2. I think the older man had a DVD in this set where he did the workouts and it was listed for seniors.

Forgive me for not being more specific. I have a billion DVDs packed away and I only have my fav of favs out on the bookshelf.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 04:30 PM  
cailleach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
I also have 2 DVDs with 2 guys working out. They are step workouts. And, I believe they are partners. They younger man was the headliner and his partner, a more mature man, did one of the segments, otherwise he was doing the easier movements. It was only those 2. I think the older man had a DVD in this set where he did the workouts and it was listed for seniors.

Forgive me for not being more specific. I have a billion DVDs packed away and I only have my fav of favs out on the bookshelf.

Yes, I know who you're talking about. This was bugging me so some research this morning brings up Jeff Borden & Greg Sims. Jeff's DVD is titled Senior Surge.
cailleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instructors, more than one instructor, multiple instructors