Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-06-20, 11:37 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
Where did this info come from? Someone who knows Wendy personally?
I also know Wendy has a very difficult family/personal life right now. I've emailed with her.

I think we're all being taught patience right now...which isn't an easy lesson.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 11:40 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
Where did this info come from? Someone who knows Wendy personally?
Directly from Wendy to me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 12:18 PM  
antbuko

I'm very sorry, Wendy that you are having a hard time. When the time comes, I would like to reiterate that I am eager to help in any way that is needed to keep us up and running.

Best wishes, Wendy!
Old 11-06-20, 12:19 PM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I also know Wendy has a very difficult family/personal life right now. I've emailed with her.

I think we're all being taught patience right now...which isn't an easy lesson.
{{hugs}} to Wendy!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 12:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Oh, Alta. I hope you don’t think I was I inferring anything negative toward you or anyone here. I’m sorry if it appeared that way.
The concern I have is that your post could serve to silence folks who might have otherwise expressed their thoughts and concerns about the original intent of the thread. It does seem like for anyone else to post would be misinterpreted as insensitive to Wendy. Even knowing she's going through hard times was helpful ...none of us could have known that without this thread and your post because we hadn't heard anything.

You said that you thought it might add to her stress..but you're not sure.

I hope it has the opposite effect... to let her know something she had a huge impact on is full of people (regardless of her continued active involvement) to go on with a life of its own. I hope that serves to encourage her during whatever she's going through. I certainly can't think of many things I have been heavily involved with that continued to flourish long after I was involved. To know something you worked so hard on is worthwhile. I think if she carefully reads this , she should be able to glean how important this is, and that this discussion is not meant to add to her stress.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 12:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

In spite of a few glitches here & there, VF continues to be very active these days. I hope that continues as I love this forum too! I didn’t feel that Joni’s post was intended to silence us, but rather to clarify Wendy’s situation. I also wish her well as she works through this difficult time.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 12:57 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
In spite of a few glitches here & there, VF continues to be very active these days. I hope that continues as I love this forum too! I didn’t feel that Joni’s post was intended to silence us, but rather to clarify Wendy’s situation. I also wish her well as she works through this difficult time.
I agree. Joni, it was very kind of you to pass on the message and I wish Wendy well. We are not entitled to Wendy's time. She did a lot creating and maintaining this forum over the years. If people don't feel that donating is worth it, then don't. It is a free forum and I will enjoy it while it lasts.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 01:44 PM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Quote:
I didn’t feel that Joni’s post was intended to silence us, but rather to clarify Wendy’s situation.
I agree! Thank you Joni for the update. And very warm hugs and best wishes to Wendy.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 06:16 PM  
rykram

Quote:
I completely agree. I don’t know Wendy personally but I do sincerely send my best wishes to her. Such a troubling time all around in general. Hopefully, things will work out in the end.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 03:16 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Oh, Alta. I hope you don’t think I was I inferring anything negative toward you or anyone here. I’m sorry if it appeared that way.
I think Alta's tin foil hat was just on too tight momentarily. It could be a side effect of living in 2020......though I can attest to her legendary cranky pants from at least a decade past. I still chuckle when reading the tags for the official Alta-tude thread I hope you are doing ok, Alta. VF is sort of a reminder that times past were better. I understand why it can feel like a lifeline <hugs>

Joni, as others have said, we genuinely appreciate your attempts to help us understand. It makes a huge difference

Wendy, if you are reading this please know that you are not alone. Times are tough but you have our many prayers and well wishes. Most of us know what it's like to feel so overwhelmed that it is impossible to even consider the smallest task. I'm so sorry that you are in a place like that. We'll keep a light on for you, as you did for us these many years. I truly hope you find comfort soon.

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, glitches, internal server error, search malfunction, vf future, vf roost, vf site issues