Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-17, 09:48 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
if someone were more interested in building strength, do you think it would be detrimental to these workouts to take some rests instead of doing the cardio blasts or at least to modify them.
BJ actually says you can rest instead of doing the cardio moves. IMO, if you used a bit more resistance and skip the cardio I think you would be fine. I find that the cardio intervals ("metasets") are so short, that my HR doesn't really increase all that much anyway.

ETA: I have already purchased additional bands in several resistance levels in anticipation that I will bust the ones that came with the set!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 10:02 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I'm so surprised that this set didn't get a bigger splash. It is amazingly effective when you want to build some muscle. It's fun, BJ is entertaining, they have all modifications.. . anyway, I love it. Its a bit pricey, but I'm very happy with the purchase. I did Upper Body 2 today, it was just perfect.
Ahhh, now that's what I wanted to hear! Alas, I don't have the funds for it now, but maybe after the school year is over and hopefully it will come down a bit in price.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 02:38 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Hi Adrien!

It does help a lot! Thank you very much for all those details!! It does sound pretty good to me, and I'm so glad to hear they're joint friendly! Enjoy your weekend!!

Hello Beth!! Hope you're having a nice weekend!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 03:08 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hi everyone!

I adore upper and lower body splits. For those of you who have done the workouts how would you compare them to say Cathe Live? Also, if someone were more interested in building strength, do you think it would be detrimental to these workouts to take some rests instead of doing the cardio blasts or at least to modify them.

Hi Sugar!

~Beth
Honestly, you can rest as well I don't think its a problem. But it's the fast going pace and no rest that makes it so tough and effective. I did some rest when I was too pooped but tried to get back to it at the next round.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 06:47 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Honestly, you can rest as well I don't think its a problem. But it's the fast going pace and no rest that makes it so tough and effective. I did some rest when I was too pooped but tried to get back to it at the next round.
Thanks, this is great information. Do you know how fast the reps are compared to Body Beast or Cathe's STS?

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 07:55 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Okay. You guys win. My mom owes me a Christmas present, so I'm off to order Metashred Extreme. I've never done a BJ workout but sometimes you gotta leap.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-17, 05:21 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thanks, this is great information. Do you know how fast the reps are compared to Body Beast or Cathe's STS?

~Beth
The reps are much slower! In WO 2 the moves are for 2 whole minutes. You feel that. I can only compare it to the original Billy's BootCamp, he did it for 2 min as well.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-17, 11:27 AM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:

~Beth
The working phases are based on time rather than number of reps. You complete as many reps as you can in the allotted time. The number of reps depends on how heavy you're lifting, although BJ encourages you to get at least 10 reps (in 30-40 seconds).

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-17, 03:15 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Thanks! That sounds perfect. ~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-17, 05:31 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Is there a coupon code for the Metashred Extreme?
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bands lower body, bj gaddour, metashred, metashred extreme