Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-18, 01:49 PM  
Dabbadooey

Barre studio craze waning????

A Pure Barre studio near me recently closed, and two Barre3's near me have reduced the number of classes being offered. Is this a trend?
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-18, 01:53 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I think it is still popular and hasn't crested yet, but I have thought the market was over saturated for a while.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-18, 02:05 PM  
Dabbadooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
I think it is still popular and hasn't crested yet, but I have thought the market was over saturated for a while.
Barre3 has nearly priced themselves out of the market. They don't even offer their reduced rate on your first three classes anymore.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-18, 02:33 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I can't say anything about pricing - there are so many variables to that including metropolitan area, location within a town, brand, market demand and saturation, etc. But I live in a small town with ni branded studios - just women teaching generic barre classes, and for years there has been more classes available than people signing up for classes. I know a lady who was loyal to her instructor and used to pull downs signs advertising other barre classes. Its a small town, and things can be kind of stupid sometimes.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 08:04 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

The market is definitely saturated! I know Orange Theory is giving barre a run for it's money. Of course, they are totally different types of workouts, but people can only do so much exercise, so even if you're doing both (as I know a number of people do), it can affect a studio's bottom line.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 08:50 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
Barre3 has nearly priced themselves out of the market. They don't even offer their reduced rate on your first three classes anymore.
They're going to be pricing themselves out of the online market too unless they up they're game by providing longer workouts. Too expensive for add-on workouts, which I consider their 30-minute workouts to be.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote