Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-17-18, 02:39 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots View Post
Is this the same backdrop that she used for Crossfire and To The Max?
They are similar, but I believe it's new. The new one has a footpath near the front and pavilions in the back and cars over to the right. I don't think the old backdrop had any of those things.
Old 10-17-18, 05:04 PM  
Boots

Thanks, everyone! I thought the backdrop looked familiar, but I wasn’t sure if it was the same one Cathe had used in the past or not. I do really like it, though, and I can’t wait for the new workouts!
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-18, 06:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Hasn't Brenda earned her place in the front after all these years?!
IIRC Brenda was not comfortable with being in the front row and that's why she's not there. She certainly has the longevity to have earned it if that's what she wanted. I'm fine with the cast she is using, not that she asked me. I don't really care a lot about the background either, as long as it's not stark white. It looked familiar to me as well. I'm looking forward to these, I figure I will be using the longer premixes like I did in the original ICE series or combining them like I do with Kelly's Build and Burn.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-18, 06:49 PM  
s2546

I think that it is more than scenery. Its new technology and also they are adding more internal functions like editing to their own premise or so it seems. All in all it does seem like cathe plans on continuing dvds which is a good thing!

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-18, 07:04 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
I think that it is more than scenery. Its new technology and also they are adding more internal functions like editing to their own premise or so it seems. All in all it does seem like cathe plans on continuing dvds which is a good thing!

sue
That is great. I love Cathe preorders.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-18, 07:06 PM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
I have to admit I was not happy to see Jen, I wish she was in the back row. Looks like Amanda is not in this set either. I miss Amanda.
This.

Amanda is my favorite, and I was REALLY really disappointed that we have yet another Cathe series without her. Thanks to Gibbee, I know that Amanda was not able to film last year due to prior engagements and was set to have a similar schedule this year, as well, I believe. I had been hoping, though, that Cathe had announced when she did (and ended her presale so early) to accommodate Amanda and work it so she could be back with us this year. (I just think, though, that, ultimately, other things took priority for Amanda. )

It makes it stink even more given who is in her usual spot. In my WOs, I want to see impeccable form and superhuman strength to drive, motivate and inspire me. At the very least, someone whose form and fitness level is not lacking. (I hope to dear sweet heaven that this is not now the norm and that we've seen the last of Amanda. I hope she'll back! ) My Cathe WOs are just better and so much more enjoyable for me when Amanda is there.

All that being said, I'm excited about and looking forward to these WOs/this set. Cathe WOs never disappoint.
Old 10-18-18, 12:31 PM  
marki64

I like Jen. She looks happy and smiley. (If she is reading this, she has a fan here!) She is just a background exerciser. Why are people so hard on the background exercisers? I like seeing new people in videos.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-18, 12:41 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I like Jen. She looks happy and smiley. (If she is reading this, she has a fan here!) She is just a background exerciser. Why are people so hard on the background exercisers? I like seeing new people in videos.
ITA that some folks are hard on the backgrounders IMHO. These people work hard to learn the routines and certainly aren't going to earn their financial fortunes for their efforts! I also like seeing new people although I admit a fondness for Brenda. I've never judged a Cathe workout based on the background people, at least not enough to not do the workout. Even people who didn't really float my boat initially have grown on me.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-18, 01:03 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Jen is Cathe's "right-hand woman" and is such a huge help to her (from what she said on the Cathe RT).

She seems like such a sweet and genuine person. I don't mind that she shows how tough the workouts are on Cathe Live! I'm looking much worse myself most of the time, lol.

I can imagine how hard it must be to be a backgrounder! I just appreciate that they are willing to do their best and help Cathe keep producing workouts.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-18, 06:25 PM  
muggle

No one has mentioned Kate. Where is she? I wonder what goes into picking the crew? I’m glad to see Brenda and Jai. I get a giggle from Brenda because she can’t seem to do jump moves like a tuck jump or flying angle etc but she hangs in there.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe lite