Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-18, 08:57 PM  
rhbrand

Peloton Users, is the bike worth it?

Ok, I'd like to get back into spinning again

I've got an old Johnny G spin bike. Its ok I guess. I don't have anything to compare it to lol. Its the only spin bike I've ever used not counting the cheap ones I've seen in stores, you know the ones for less than $100.

I'm considering treating myself to an upgrade, and I'm looking at Peloton.

Is the bike really worth it? Are there other options out there that would be worth looking at

I like the idea of getting the bike, and it having the workouts right there on the bike.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-18, 07:01 AM  
Rhonda

Hi, right now I am using the app on my Johnny G bike as the Peloton is a bit out of my price range. I would like to get the bike at some point. I do like the app a lot and use it anywhere from 3-5 times a week. I have a cadence reader on my bike so I know how fast to go and right now that is enough.

I feel good when I am done. I figured doing the app I get a feel for the programs at a much cheaper rate.

There are a lot of people who just use the app with all different bikes. I am on a couple FB groups for peloton, one is app users only, the other is the main peloton group.

if I were you I would try the app for a month or two just to see if you like it and if so then get the bike if that is what you want. But I would really hate to see you get the bike and not like the instructors. There is one instructor I am not fond of but it could have just been the ride and the music (more rap than I like).
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-18, 03:59 PM  
rhbrand

I wish I could get the app, but I have Android, refuse to pay for overpriced Apple products, and they don't have the app for Android yet.

I wish they would hurry up and make the app for Android. I've been asking about it for 2 years, but nothing yet.
Old 07-30-18, 06:07 PM  
cmplk8d

I purchased my Peloton bike in February 2017 and I love it. The bike is very well made and it runs quiet. The monthly subscription costs me just over $42/month, fyi.
cmplk8d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-18, 06:10 PM  
cmplk8d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
There is one instructor I am not fond of but it could have just been the ride and the music (more rap than I like).
I am no fan of rap music either. I really enjoy the wide variety of music and class types that I can choose from.
cmplk8d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-18, 06:47 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I do way too many things so cheap bike (JG) is enought for me. If I were a serious spinner probably I would invest into a bike, but not when I have many other toys to enjoy.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-18, 06:57 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I'm holding out for Peloton Tread coming out this fall.
Old 08-01-18, 06:22 AM  
jennstar

I cannot sing the bike's praises enough. I love the metrics and all of the instructors are top notch. You can try the app before purchasing.

BTW, there is always talk of rap music in these threads...there are over 10 thousand classes and at least 10 new classes a day. There is a wide variety of music, so if you don't like hip hop, you can easily find class that has music you like!

I personally love spinning to rap
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-18, 10:09 AM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennstar View Post
I cannot sing the bike's praises enough. I love the metrics and all of the instructors are top notch. You can try the app before purchasing.
I wish I could try the app, but sadly, I'm not worthy lol. They still don't have an app for Android users.
Old 08-02-18, 04:32 PM  
jennstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I wish I could try the app, but sadly, I'm not worthy lol. They still don't have an app for Android users.
They have promised an Android app by the end of this year. But if you purchase the bike you really can't go wrong. Best fitness purchase I have ever made (and I have ALOT of videos and equipment).
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote