Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-15-18, 08:14 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Will you keep Amazon Prime at $119?

Amazon is increasing Prime membership to $119 per year. That is a big increase from $99. I buy a lot from Amazon, but most orders are over the $25 minimum, so I don’t think it’s worth it to pay $119. I also don’t care if things take more than 2 days for shipping.

I don’t think the Prime movies is good, and always end up purchasing whatever I want to watch. I don’t use the Prime music or reading much, and like movies, I end up purchasing the books and music I want. I don’t use the photos storage either. So for me, Prime isn’t worth it.

I plan to cancel my Prime membership.

Will you stay with Amazon Prime or cancel?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 08:37 AM  
violingal3

$99 is a stretch as it is, I doubt we will keep it for $119. We don't use Amazon for anything else other than Prime shipping.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 08:37 AM  
alisoncooks

I will.
We do use Prime Video and Music pretty often. It breaks down to $10/month, which puts it on even ground with Netflix. The increase is less than $2/month.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 08:47 AM  
Indy

I will keep it. I don't like paying more but I buy so much stuff from Amazon and I appreciate fast and free shipping (although it is now not quite as fast as before). I agree, although I have watched prime movies, it's like Netflix in that there isn't unlimited selection on there. Both are limited.

I don't use the unlimited storage and I rarely use the book selection.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 08:55 AM  
wendug

Although expensive, we will most likely keep Amazon Prime. My husband uses it all the time, and I use it a lot, too. I listen to music through prime, although I have noticed the selection is declining and they are trying to get you to subscribe to music unlimited- for another fee, of course!
Old 05-15-18, 08:56 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I'm keeping it. I use everything. A free book every month just about covers the cost.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 09:12 AM  
leigh1673

Ugh. I will, but I'm annoyed about it. They have me on the hook unfortunately.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 09:25 AM  
sherry7899

We buy so much from Amazon. It is worth it for us. I buy a lot of household and beauty items in addition to books, dvds and music. I am sure we save money on gas not running around to different stores.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 09:49 AM  
GinaXOXO

I am keeping it. I live in a rural area--I'm too busy to run the hour to and from the city. So, honestly, I use it a lot.

Also, I have just started to find workouts that I like on Prime Video. My husband and I use prime music with Alexa quite a lot.

It's totally worth it to me. But, with the Facebook hoopla I am not going to use the photo storage. That just doesn't sit right with me.
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 09:50 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Yes, and here’s a good example of why I decided to keep Prime. Recently I needed a bag of French lavender buds to make a bundle of sachets for a Mother’s Day gift. I live in a big metro area and couldn’t find them in the big craft stores. Amazon had it, delivered it in two days, and my mom loved the handmade gift. We also have several delivery lockers near us, so the USPS can no longer mess up my deliveries.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime