Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-16, 01:01 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

pain improvement

i'm going to start keeping better notes about body pain. seeing progress improves one's attitude about it.

the good news is that the pain in my rotator cuff seems to have gone away. it was bugging me for, i don't know..., 3-4 months? does that sound about the average time?

i'm not sure what caused it. it didn't warrant a trip to the doctor. all i did was to pay better attention to my overall posture, even asking DH to observe and correct me when he noticed that my shoulders or hips were crooked. i've also been observing my foot placement during my daily activities. also used the heating pad daily in the beginning.

unfortunately, i now have pain in my left IT band. it's been hurting for almost a week, but the pain is going away, and changing character. i've been using the heating pad on my hip now.

how about you? any pain subsiding in your body?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 01:03 PM  
videofit

Pain in my rotator cuff, which has always been a bit wonky, was aggravated by my arm position when using my computer mouse.

Leg and hip pain are helped by stretching. Fit&Bendy DVD was helpful.
Old 12-07-16, 01:18 PM  
BigBadBetty

I sometimes forget to be happy about the pain that leaves because I am so focused on the pain that is there. My wrist/base of the thumb has been feeling so much better. I don't know why, but I am rejoicing.

My left knee is more sore. It hasn't reached let's-talk-to-doctor-level pain. It only hurts doing certain moves. I have just been avoiding those moves. I am hoping it disappears soon. Or at least doesn't get worse until after the new year. I have junky health insurance and used up all my FSA money for this calendar year.

I watched Miranda's show on PBS on Monday. I am trying to remember posture. I wish I could have a buzzer or something on my office chair to go off when I start slouching.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 01:31 PM  
seww

During my PT for a retorn ACL it was discovered that I also has bicep insertion tendonitis, which I thought was my rotator cuff. I've done my exercises religiously, ice, ibuprofen and things are improving!
Pain sure gives me a bad attitude! Its like the sun has come out again now!
Sue
seww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 02:36 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I'm dealing with piriformis syndrome, trochanteric bursitis, and lumbar disc degeneration, ugh, aging is not for sissies! I've had 4 IMS dry needling treatments and am doing the prescribed exercises. It's getting better but it's a long haul!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 02:49 PM  
desderata

I bruised my Left toe bone two weeks ago and the swelling is gone, it is almost pain free and I am now in a regular shoe.

As an aside, I get severe pain in my right groin and right low back if I sit for hours at a time over a period of several days. During the flare ups I am 95% better when I stand and %100 better when I walk. I have no idea what this is.

Quote:
I'm dealing with piriformis syndrome, trochanteric bursitis, and lumbar disc degeneration
Ouch! Pam, so sorry you're experiencing all this.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote