Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-07-16, 01:20 PM  
bubbles76

Brett Hoebel 20 Minute Body

I'm a sucker for short systems Even though I just got Fe Fit and can't wait to try it, I am interested in Brett Hoebel. He is cute, the system is short, the set is light and airy, and it looks like stuff I may be able to do. There's not much here about it, but enough that piqued my interest. A couple of questions:
  • This appears to be metabolic or circuit training. Is this different from other sets out there? What makes it different?
  • I’ve read a bit about his “antics”. I think the only thing that would be distracting are cartwheels. Are cartwheels throughout all the workouts or just a chosen few?
  • Would you say that the workouts are more cardio, strength, or mixed?
  • What results have you gotten from this set?

Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 02:54 PM  
Vantreesta

I don't have any answers but I've been wanting this too since I first heard about it. I love Brett and am so excited Mary is carrying it!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 03:05 PM  
IceQueen07

I bought the system when it first came out and ended up returning it. It wasn't bad for a workout - I didn't find it too difficult and I only made it about 2 weeks before he became way to annoying to continue.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 03:05 PM  
CharM

Just a reminder that Target sells Trilogy 1 for $13 (or $14?), in store only the last time I checked their site. The bad is that if you love it, you'll have to buy it again to get 2 and 3.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 03:34 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm a sucker for short systems Even though I just got Fe Fit and can't wait to try it, I am interested in Brett Hoebel. He is cute, the system is short, the set is light and airy, and it looks like stuff I may be able to do. There's not much here about it, but enough that piqued my interest. A couple of questions:
  • This appears to be metabolic or circuit training. Is this different from other sets out there? What makes it different? Overall it's metabolic. Some workouts are more strength, others are more cardio.
  • I’ve read a bit about his “antics”. I think the only thing that would be distracting are cartwheels. Are cartwheels throughout all the workouts or just a chosen few? I only remember one workout where he does a cartwheel. You will see a lot of fist bumps & hear a lot of 'ughs'.
  • Would you say that the workouts are more cardio, strength, or mixed? Mixed.
  • What results have you gotten from this set? This set really worked my legs and I got some strength gains and more visual definition in my legs. I maintained in my upper body. Also I increased my cardio capacity.

Thanks!
See my answers in purple above!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 03:42 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
  • This appears to be metabolic or circuit training. Is this different from other sets out there? What makes it different?
  • I’ve read a bit about his “antics”. I think the only thing that would be distracting are cartwheels. Are cartwheels throughout all the workouts or just a chosen few?
  • Would you say that the workouts are more cardio, strength, or mixed?
  • What results have you gotten from this set?

Thanks!
I bought these as add ons and I really can't bring myself to do them that much. I got the downloads so I couldn't return them...but if I had bought this from Mary, I would have sent it back.
They are mostly metabolic workouts but there are HiiT workouts too that use no weights. Each workout has a modifier doing a less intense version of the move, which is nice.

I think the workouts are well-rounded as a set and it has three phases, if I remember correctly. I don't mind Brett. He's easy on the eyes for sure, and he has a big personality. Think Tony Horton.
I can't speak of results but I think the workouts are solid. The reason they don't appeal to me is that they are structured as repetitive circuits, which bore me to tears. If that's not a problem for you, then you might like these.

One good point is there is a capoeira workout which is unique.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 03:43 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks everyone! How different is this from what's already out there? As a system, I mean.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 03:45 PM  
JENILU

I'm fixing to get the 1st level in a trade and I can let you know atleast what I see as far as your questions. I am not your fitness level, but i may know what to look for.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 03:46 PM  
JENILU

PS: Here is a new workout he does on youtube if you want to give him a try and see his personality. I personally think he is precious and seems very caring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eLd...qZfs2j-1FAygoO

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 04:21 PM  
antbuko

I don't have this set, but I do like Brett. I was one of the few who actually liked Rev Abs.

Tags
20 minute body, brett hoebel, capoeira