Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-15, 01:52 AM  
lorajc

Les Mills Pump by Beachbody? Good Program for?

I've had this but never did a Rotation of it....only played around with it, like I di everything else! I want to get serious this year and really start utilizing my programs the way they are meant to be utilized.

Has anyone ever done a Body Pump Rotation? What were your results?

Did you have fun? Did you mix it with anything else? Are their advanced add-on's I should consider purchasing before I would do this, etc.

Talk to me about this.

My goal is to slim down all over, I have about 37 pounds to lose to get near the weight range I'd like to be around. As many of you already know, I went thru a rough patch a few years ago and gained some weight and now the weight is hanging on to my body for dear life. I am hardly eating anything and it won't budge! I'm so frustrated as I've never had this problem before.

I'm still trying to find a Workout Program and diet that works together in unison for me to get the Job done.

So far, I HAVE found out that doing kettlebells, helps keep my shoulders from getting as achy as they do with traditional weights, so I do like to add in a lot of kettlebells to my weighted routines.

I also realized that 2 protein drinks a day help my weight stabilize, as I'm a vegetarian and don't eat ANY meat at all.

So please talk to me about Les Mills.............or other programs you've fallen in love for their no-nonsense, fun, helpful ways to help you tone your muscles and loose weight.............I like to look shapely like I workout/athletic .

Discuss!! Yes, I know what goes into your mouth is VERY important..............and believe me, I've been working on that since I was healing from my accident, I had a lot of time to read up on nutrition and such. So I'm asking about the exercise and mind porition.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 04:55 AM  
IceQueen07

The best results that I have gotten was when I did a rotation of T25 and LMP. I overall dropped inches and weight and it was fun with no dread factor for me. I really enjoyed LMP because of the music and have really thought about going back and doing that rotation again to change things up after I am done doing my current heavy lifting routine. As for eating, I just made sure that I ate enough and had a clean diet.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 10:10 AM  
Kitten

I lost 45 lbs this past year.

I started with a P90 rotation, the original one, not the updated version. I then did Body Beast over the summer. Fell in love with Jari Love, did her this fall, & now I'm doing the P.I.N.K. set I bought from Groupon (thanks enablers, I never would have heard of it otherwise & I it)
My point being, make sure it's something you enjoy doing so "dread factor" doesn't set in.

We can't discuss diet on the main message board, but feel free to pm me & I'll let you know what I did.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Kitten; 12-31-15 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Words, clarification
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 11:13 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

For me, LM Pump was hard on my back. You do a lot of deadlifts and deadrows
holding a barbell, and you do them at a fast rate of speed. It was too much for me and I injured my back, even though I kept the weight light.

I would experiment around a bit before committing to a full rotation.
Old 12-31-15, 11:18 AM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
I lost 45 lbs this past year.
Wow! Good for you I love hearing about others' accomplishments!
angie_nrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 12:34 PM  
pricek

I had great success with my LMP rotation two summers ago. I lost 34 pounds. I combined it with the 21 Day Fix eating plan. Very happy camper!! I had no dread factor and stayed injury free! I have also kept the weight off, minus the 5 pounds I gained over the holidays! Good luck!!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote