Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-15, 01:07 PM  
desertMermaid

Off topic I've never watched star wars

This is ofcourse off topic. I would like to watch episodes 1-6 before watching 7, but don't know how to catch up. I found the complete saga for $90, too rich for my blood! It's never on TV and not on netflix.

Anyone else never seen these movies?

Is anyone willing to do a temp trade for these? Exercise DVD for star wars, lol.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 01:16 PM  
BunnyHop

Have you checked the library? Demand is probably high just now, but at least you might get a sense of what's going on.

I've only ever seen the first four films. The first ones were good, entertaining fun. The fourth film (The Phantom Menace, called Episode 1) was so bad I just never watched the rest. Bad writing, bad casting, stupid story choices made pretty much throughout.

I'm definitely waiting for reviews from people I trust before I see the new one.
Old 12-19-15, 01:35 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've never seen it either. Not even curious.
Old 12-19-15, 01:57 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Have you checked the library? Demand is probably high just now, but at least you might get a sense of what's going on.

I've only ever seen the first four films. The first ones were good, entertaining fun. The fourth film (The Phantom Menace, called Episode 1) was so bad I just never watched the rest. Bad writing, bad casting, stupid story choices made pretty much throughout.

I'm definitely waiting for reviews from people I trust before I see the new one.
I did check they have episodes 2 and 5 only, with a long waiting list.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 02:15 PM  
sherry7899

I am not into Star Wars at all-there, I said it. I could not care less, and I am tired of it being everywhere. The only movie I saw was "Return of the Jedi." A friend dragged me with her, and since I hadn't seen the first two movies, I was lost and bored.

I understand being into movie franchises, etc...I'm just not into this one. I hope those who like it really enjoy the movie.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 02:15 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I saw the first one (now called Episode IV) when it came out in 1977 when I was a kid, so I've grown up with the series, but I don't have any great desire to see this new one right away, mainly because I wasn't thrilled with Episodes I, II, III (the ones from 1999, 2002, 2005). My nephew saw the new one last night so I'm waiting until I get his review and that will determine if/when I see it. If you can't find the movies anywhere, you could just watch this 7 minute summary of the whole thing and save yourself a lot of time, lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9-SJ6ikuj0
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 02:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Have you checked the library?
this is the best way to watch them if you don't have the DVDs.

your relatives/family members might also have the DVDs that you could watch.

we're a star wars family, btw.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 02:33 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I thought I was the only one in the universe who has never seen Star Wars. I guess not, I really have no interest either. I don't mind Star Trek though but wouldn't consider myself really a fan either.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 02:36 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I thought I was the only one in the universe who has never seen Star Wars. I guess not, I really have no interest either. I don't mind Star Trek though but wouldn't consider myself really a fan either.
We can form a club The same friend dragged me to see "Dune" which was so LONG and I had not read the book , so I was lost watching that as well. Science fiction just isn't my thing. I thought Sting being in it would hold my interest, but even that didn't work

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 02:37 PM  
Sissy B

I went to see the original Star Wars movie when I was a kid and I saw the 2 sequels and I loved all three of them at the time. I was less than impressed when I went to see The Phantom Menace. Actually I thought it was boring and did not have a lot of action. For that reason, I did not go see the next movies (Episodes 2 & 3), but eventually saw them on video/DVD. And I really thought Darth Vader's backstory could have been covered in one movie instead of drawing it out into three. Especially since everyone who saw the original set of movies knew what he was going to become.

I haven't seen the new movie and won't for a while. I'm not going to fight the holiday crowds. And I'm only going to go because DD really wants to see it. So take this with a grain of salt. I don't know if there is anything from the first 3 movies that is highlighted in the new movie, but honestly, I think you could probably watch the original trilogy and be okay.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off topic, spoilers, star wars