Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-15, 01:35 PM  
carres1973

P90 - Boring or OK

Hi all! Looking for advice here. I am currently doing 21 Day Fix and would like a plan for when I'm done. I was thinking P90 (2014), but then saw that it is the same three workouts (really, the same TWO) for 30 days each cycle. For anyone who has completed it as designed, does it get boring?

As a baseline, I am OK (so far) with 21 Day Fix, because it is seven different workouts. Actually, it's ten if I count Plyo, Barre, and Fast Abs. I did not get on with PiYo because even though the workouts were "different", they were all so similar, I felt I was doing the same one over and over.

I guess boring is subjective, but any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

Follow-up question would be...if not P90, what would you suggest? I am needing the stability and discipline of a "system" at the moment. I have probably 100 DVDs, but can't seem to get it together unless I am following something.

Thanks for all thoughts and suggestions!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 07:43 PM  
KBear

I don't have new P90, but had old one, and found it to be extremely boring. Now keep in mind that I have an ADD when it comes to exercise videos. I kept one sculpt disk for travel, or when I want something really basic.

Maybe it will help if you tell us systems you own already, or tell us more about your preferences.

Maybe MetRX? Basic but offers a lot of variety, if you can stand hearing the word "Transformation" a million times.
KBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 07:56 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
Hi all! Looking for advice here. I am currently doing 21 Day Fix and would like a plan for when I'm done. I was thinking P90 (2014), but then saw that it is the same three workouts (really, the same TWO) for 30 days each cycle. For anyone who has completed it as designed, does it get boring?

As a baseline, I am OK (so far) with 21 Day Fix, because it is seven different workouts. Actually, it's ten if I count Plyo, Barre, and Fast Abs. I did not get on with PiYo because even though the workouts were "different", they were all so similar, I felt I was doing the same one over and over.

I guess boring is subjective, but any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

Follow-up question would be...if not P90, what would you suggest? I am needing the stability and discipline of a "system" at the moment. I have probably 100 DVDs, but can't seem to get it together unless I am following something.

Thanks for all thoughts and suggestions!

Carrie
Carrie, I did the full 90 day rotation and got good results. I am surprised that I was able to stick to the full 90 days as I have exercise ADD also. The down side is that you are doing the same 3-4 workouts per week ( Sweat, Sculpt, Ab Ripper and Saturday Special for each phase). I did the sculpt rotation so that meant sculpt 3 times per week, sweat 2, ab ripper 2 and Saturday Special once. There is always a modifier that takes the exercise down a notch and there is always another modifier that goes all out. I was of the mind set that I wanted to see what a 90 day rotation could do. I lost 8 lbs and over 7 inches, ( 3 in the waist area where I needed it the most). My goal was to gain strength and loss off the waist which I did. The up side of doing sculpt 3 times per week was that I could see the progress and increase in strength and stamina better than when I did the 21 Day Fix ( which I love) doing 7 different workouts in a week. The downside doing the same 3 workouts per week. By week 3 I was ready for a change. If I do this set again, I will pare it down to 2-3 weeks for each phase.
Old 05-27-15, 07:57 PM  
andtckrtoo

P90X3 might be more interesting. Follow the lean rotation, and it's more like 21 Day Fix but probably a level up. 21 DF Extreme is also good. There are a lot of good 30 minute workouts out there.
Old 05-27-15, 10:08 PM  
at120

JNL Fusion, Metrx 180, Focus T25, P90X3, or P90X2. You can first two ridiculously cheap on eBay brand new. JNL is probably going to be reincarnated as a Beachbody product sometime this year.
at120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-15, 05:47 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPLYN61 View Post
Carrie, I did the full 90 day rotation and got good results. I am surprised that I was able to stick to the full 90 days as I have exercise ADD also. The down side is that you are doing the same 3-4 workouts per week ( Sweat, Sculpt, Ab Ripper and Saturday Special for each phase). I did the sculpt rotation so that meant sculpt 3 times per week, sweat 2, ab ripper 2 and Saturday Special once. There is always a modifier that takes the exercise down a notch and there is always another modifier that goes all out. I was of the mind set that I wanted to see what a 90 day rotation could do. I lost 8 lbs and over 7 inches, ( 3 in the waist area where I needed it the most). My goal was to gain strength and loss off the waist which I did. The up side of doing sculpt 3 times per week was that I could see the progress and increase in strength and stamina better than when I did the 21 Day Fix ( which I love) doing 7 different workouts in a week. The downside doing the same 3 workouts per week. By week 3 I was ready for a change. If I do this set again, I will pare it down to 2-3 weeks for each phase.
I forgot to mention that this was done during the "eating season" Halloween thru the new year. So I consider the 8lbs and 7 inches a win as I normally would be 7-10 lbs up.
Old 05-28-15, 09:06 AM  
carres1973

Thank you for all the replies. I didn't think of JNL Fusion. I am going to check that one out. Also, paring down each phase if I start to get bored is a good idea. I was originally thinking X3 would be too advanced, and would need to do P90 to get myself ready for X, X2, or X3.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-15, 09:58 AM  
at120

You can also do a hybrid 21 day fix extreme / p90x3 rotation if you want to transition more gently to the land of p90x. Also there's the new jillian Michaels series as well -- bodyshred
at120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-15, 04:09 PM  
Kitten

I did the original I talked about it here:http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=209283
As I said there, I probably would have 4&4 instead of 6&6.
That being said, I pulled out Sweat 1-2 Saturday for my fun workout.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-15, 06:10 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
Thank you for all the replies. I didn't think of JNL Fusion. I am going to check that one out. Also, paring down each phase if I start to get bored is a good idea. I was originally thinking X3 would be too advanced, and would need to do P90 to get myself ready for X, X2, or X3.

Carrie
In phase "C" of the new P90, you start to see more moves that would be more like P90X3. Also, I think you get a free stretching DVD from P90X3 when you order from your coach. Also, if you are not sure P90X3 is on BB on demand. only the Sculpt A workout is there now. I also thought that 90 days of P90 would be a good way to get ready for X3, but I needed a break from Tony and did 21 day again.

Tags
new p90