Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-28-14, 11:24 AM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollytc View Post
I have these but still need to do them.....can you use a body bar in place of a sqeeze stick or do you need something lighter?
I think you want something lighter. I had tried them with my 9 pound firm sculpting stick when i first got this dvd (before I realized I don't like waist exercises especially weighted ones). It was hard especially at the speed she goes and I ended up with Doms on the side of my ribcage on both sides that lasted for days. Talk about sore muscles where I didn't know I had muscles. I think something lighter.

I go slower on the "warmup" with dead lifts as well.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 12:39 PM  
wlorrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollytc View Post
I have these but still need to do them.....can you use a body bar in place of a sqeeze stick or do you need something lighter?
I'd use something lighter for the waist work since she moves fast. I use my Troy lite barbell which weighs 5 lbs.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 01:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I love Squeeze Stronger!!! It's been some time since I've done this one. Every time I do it after not doing for a while, I have evil DOMS, LOL, to the point where yes, it hurts to walk. It's something about the slower pace for the leg work that just GETS me. And the upper body work is killer...awesome but killer.

I don't use any kind of pole or anything for the waist work. The moves she does are a lot like an exercise we used to do when I was a dancer that we called "laterals"....and we did those with our arms just held overhead in a "V", so that's what I do with my arms in that section or I just hold them straight out to the side. But boy, I still feel it BIG time

Have fun!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 03:14 PM  
caitlinpyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Caitlyn, you are so pretty I know, has nothing to do with this thread, but I've seen your face popping up all over, and had to say something.

Thank you You should see me now. LOL. Glasses, messy hair, workout clothes, AND I SMELL!!! haha! Just got home from teaching some classes. But thank you!! SOMETIMES... I am pretty ;-) haha!!

Thanks everyone! I only have Squeeze Stronger but I found the Squeeze original one for $8 on Amazon so i bought that, too. Seems I should probably start there before doing Squeeze Stronger.

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 10:00 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Hi Caitlin, I have had this workout for a while and have yet to try it, because of your thread I was previewing it again, and I've a question, is it normal than none of the premixes start with the warm up? The Upper Body premix kind of freeze at the begining and go right into bicep curls. The Lower Body doesn't freeze but there is no warm up either. Is this normal or my dvd is deffective? TIA

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 10:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Hi Caitlin, I have had this workout for a while and have yet to try it, because of your thread I was previewing it again, and I've a question, is it normal than none of the premixes start with the warm up? The Upper Body premix kind of freeze at the begining and go right into bicep curls. The Lower Body doesn't freeze but there is no warm up either. Is this normal or my dvd is deffective? TIA
Not Caitlin, but I believe you're correct. I recall wanting to do a premix once and wondering why the heck they decided to leave out the warm-up. I thought mine froze too or was defective, but nope, that's just how it is. I honestly use the full workout, skipping chapters to make my own premix instead of using the premixes already on the DVD because of this very reason, if that makes sense
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 10:16 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Not Caitlin, but I believe you're correct. I recall wanting to do a premix once and wondering why the heck they decided to leave out the warm-up. I thought mine froze too or was defective, but nope, that's just how it is. I honestly use the full workout, skipping chapters to make my own premix instead of using the premixes already on the DVD because of this very reason, if that makes sense
Yes, it does make sense! Thanks kitty for the response, I was starting to feel kinda stressed because I thought mine was defective! Phew! I wish it was better edited though.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 05-03-14, 09:43 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
When I had Squeeze Stronger the warm-up did play before the pre-mixes.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 10:10 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Hi Caitlin, I have had this workout for a while and have yet to try it, because of your thread I was previewing it again, and I've a question, is it normal than none of the premixes start with the warm up?
You don't want that warm-up anyway This is the DVD with the fast deadlifts for a warmup, right? I did that warm-up once, had horrible painful cramping, and did my own warm-up from then on. I remember other people also did not like the warm-up.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 04:21 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
When I had Squeeze Stronger the warm-up did play before the pre-mixes.
Then, it plays in some dvds? Now, I wish it plays on mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
You don't want that warm-up anyway This is the DVD with the fast deadlifts for a warmup, right? I did that warm-up once, had horrible painful cramping, and did my own warm-up from then on. I remember other people also did not like the warm-up.
Yes, the warm up start with heavy deadlifts. I was planning to do 5 mins. of jump roping first, and then not going that heavy on the deadlifts for the lower body premix, but I wouldn't def. use it for an upper body day. She should have done a dif. warm up for the upper body premix, why to warm up the lower body to work the upper after?

Tags
squeeze, squeeze stick, squeeze stronger, tracey effinger