Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-13, 07:39 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I ordered my set last week and got it yesterday. I did the first workout. Boy, was I sucking wind! I do a lot of hiit and tabata so I was surprised it was so tough. I was able to keep up with her during the burpees but in everything else I fell behind. After I finished I stuck in Cathe's Xtrain Chest, Back and Shoulders workout and did the 30 minute premix.

Not sure how I'm going to do this with other cardio. I thought I'd tack it on to a less intense cardio session but I'm wondering about that now. These workouts are really good on their own for days when you are short on time. Which I seem to have a lot of lately!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 08:09 AM  
momofcha

Gone.

Thank you!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 08:58 AM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w View Post
I ordered my set last week and got it yesterday. I did the first workout. Boy, was I sucking wind! I do a lot of hiit and tabata so I was surprised it was so tough. I was able to keep up with her during the burpees but in everything else I fell behind. After I finished I stuck in Cathe's Xtrain Chest, Back and Shoulders workout and did the 30 minute premix.

Not sure how I'm going to do this with other cardio. I thought I'd tack it on to a less intense cardio session but I'm wondering about that now. These workouts are really good on their own for days when you are short on time. Which I seem to have a lot of lately!

I love doing these after my weight work.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 09:15 AM  
Buttercup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy75 View Post
How do people use her workouts? Are they meant to be "it" for the day?

appears to be no international shipping at the moment No DVDs for Canada right now.

These are definitely add on for me. I add one on at the end of a weight work out or I do one before some steady state cardio ala Lyle McDonald's Stubborn Fat Loss protocol (HITT for 15 minutes, rest 5 minutes, steady state cardio for 30-40 minutes).

I haven't strung several together, but will probably try that sooner or later.

If I was completely with out any time at all to workout, they'd do, but I'd wouldn't do just one of these as my go to exercise fix on a regular basis.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 09:45 AM  
JulieIL

I love that these can be strung together as a killer workout, or used alone as... a killer workout!

Seriously, these are the ultimate no-excuse workout, in that I can find 15 minutes at some point in the day to do them, & there is no essential equipment.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 08:09 PM  
jazzy75

Thanks for all of the responses ladies! (and thanks my VF friend for shipping me a set here in Canada )

I can tell these will be add-ons for me (or probably "starters" since I like to get the HR up right out of the gates!)

But tell me this Zuzana fans, would 10-30 min of this type of stuff be all she does to stay so fierce looking?! (aside from her "mostly" clean eatting I see on her blog)
Old 02-01-13, 08:22 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieIL View Post
I love that these can be strung together as a killer workout, or used alone as... a killer workout!

Seriously, these are the ultimate no-excuse workout, in that I can find 15 minutes at some point in the day to do them, & there is no essential equipment.

Julie
I agree with you. I did workout two today and loved it! It was a good cardio burn in 15 minutes and no equipment to pull out!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 08:51 PM  
Buttercup

Quote:
Thanks for all of the responses ladies! (and thanks my VF friend for shipping me a set here in Canada )

I can tell these will be add-ons for me (or probably "starters" since I like to get the HR up right out of the gates!)

But tell me this Zuzana fans, would 10-30 min of this type of stuff be all she does to stay so fierce looking?! (aside from her "mostly" clean eatting I see on her blog)
If she does, I'd think its because it is easier to maintain than it is to change.

Some change is easier than other, someone who has a lot of weight to lose will often have an easier time with their initial weight loss than someone with that notorious last 5 to 10 lbs. Also, weight lifters always talk about the "newbie" effect, where someone new to weights will hit the holy grail of muscle gain with fat loss. That doesn't mean the newbie gets into Zuzana kind of awesome shape, with 6 packs and all, just that it is easier in the beginning to see a change.

I'd be really surprised that someone could get into her kind of shape just based on these short workouts. And, I'd think really careful eating would be a big part of their success.

But, with all that said, you could always give it a whirl and let us know! I'd love to know if it is possible or not!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 09:07 PM  
buffmama

I've seen significant change in the month I've been doing these. I was even inspired to take photos but they weren't when I started the workouts. They are not all I'm doing but other workouts are scheduled around it so I can get these done. Zuzana talks somewhere (the intro to the ZWOWs?) about being active during the day so that definitely helps.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 09:18 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:

Have you done any of her workouts?

They pack a ton of punch in a short period of time. They are tough! I think you need to do one of the workouts before coming up with a plan. Once you do her workouts you'll have a better feel on how to work them in.

Zuzana does add weights to some of her workouts. ZWOW #54, today's Youtube workout is a perfect example on how Zuzana incorporates weights. I did it this morning. I used what is light for me, 10 lb. dumbbells for the lunge/jump lunge/side kick combo, and 12 lb dumbbells for the push up/side plank jumps/dumbbells rows and I was sweating buckets and my heart rate was high! It's one tough workout if you use challenging weights.

Zuzana is a huge believer in active rest. She does a lot of hiking, etc. She is on the move all the time. Plus, she's really into rescuing dogs and has 9 in her care right now, so she is plenty busy taking care of them. One of them is a special needs dog.

She also eats pretty darn clean. She does have quite the sweet tooth and it's something that she fights all the time. But I would say that she eats clean 90+ percent of the time.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zcut, zuzana, zuzka light