Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-11, 01:44 PM  
flamingoo

Revisiting Squeeze

Do you guys ever feel like you're killing yourself with exercise? Needing to fit everything in every day? I sure don't have time for that anymore. I get sucked into every new program out there. This will give you these results and so on. I was watching squeeze stronger today ( yes watching, my little one is sick again) and looking at Tracy's squeeze down e-book. She really does hit every area! Standing, floor, pilates, barre, stretching. And I love how she states several times ( in many emails) more is less. She recommends 3 days cardio, 3 days her dvds. This is doable right? But still I have the notion that I need 6 days cardio 6 days sculpting and so on. I'm trying to get back into a routine with a cronically sick child and this may just fit my bill. I just know she packs a lot of work in her videos and hits just about everything. Just my thoughts
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 01:51 PM  
Artist of Eyes

I am getting the stronger DVDs in a trade so I yet to do them. However I have found that for myself over the years, Less is More! Not only do I enjoy it more now than ever, but I am not confined by rules or rotations; I simply do what feels good for that day. Some weeks I get in 3 days only, others 5. Sometimes 15 minutes, others 75-90. Fitness should add to our lives and the quality, not consume them. So when I start feeling as if though I am not doing enough exercise, I "should" be doing XYZ rotation, minutes, style, etc, I back off, take a break, and regroup. My life and my families lives and quality there of are so much better. I'm not obsessed and I my live revolves around living, not fitness. Which btw, it used to be the opposite.

Long and the short: Less is more. There are no rules that say you must exercise X minutes and X Days per week. Your body will tell you, let it be the guide, not some random person or guilty thought.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 02:59 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I have Squeeze and Squeeze Stronger and I think they are both excellent workouts. I've bought new dvds but I keep coming back to the Squeezes because they are well thought out.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 03:12 PM  
ruthular

I feel exactly the same way - especially with the bar workouts. I'm loving them and they do produce results, but I question the exclusion of cardio and I don't have much time. If I can grab 40 minutes a day/6 days it's a great week. Often, I only get one hour workout in during a week and the rest are about 30 minutes. I love Tracey Effinger and think she knows what she's talking about. Right now, I'm trying to alternate bar and walking with a slight emphasis on bar. Fitness should be fun, right?
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
squeeze, tracy effinger