Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-14-10, 05:35 AM  
stacy4ft9

Just received Squeeze Stronger!

After hearing the majority of people rave about Squeeze Stronger, I finally caved and bought it! So, before I do it:

Is there anything I should know, or any tips/advice you may have?
Was this style of training good for you?
What changes did you see?
What is your body type?

I'm 4' 9" and weigh around 115 so I'm about 10 lbs from my goal weight. I'm going for a lean look and have a tendency to look stocky more in my lower body. I do realize looking "lean" requires the shedding of body fat. I'm currently going to Bikram yoga 3x per week on top of doing strength training/awt 3x per week and some extra cardio. Just curious to see if this style of training works for me.

Thanks!
stacy4ft9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 07:28 AM  
kitty12

I love Squeeze Stronger. I haven't done the lower body workout yet, but the upper body, waist and ab workouts are great. You will need a long stick of some sort for the waist workouts, and for part of the abs. I use part of an old wood curtain rod. It's a little too short so I may have to look for another option.

I'm 5' 1.5" Probably an athletic build for lack of a better way to describe it. Would love to loose about 10 lbs but don't know if it will happen.

I use this DVD as part of a rotation, so can't attribute changes to just it. But my arms did firm up since I started using it. It has to be one of the most thorough upper body workouts I've used.

Let us know what you think after you try it!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 07:42 AM  
Cowgirl32

I still have DOMS in my Bi's and Tri's, but this the HG of Upper Body workouts for me!
Old 04-14-10, 07:55 AM  
Swifty

I am usually sore for a few days when doing the waist part....ouch! But, it works ao well! Enjoy!

Also, I don't have a squeeze stick just a broomstick!
Old 04-14-10, 08:53 AM  
Vanity68

I love this workout..if you don't have a stick, I do it without one and always feel my abs the next day.
Old 04-14-10, 09:40 AM  
stacy4ft9

I do have a shower curtain rod that I've always used as my dowell so I suppose that will work fine. How heavy do you typically go on the exercises? I'm guess somewhere between 3 and 5 lbs dumbells, may be 8 lbs?
Old 04-14-10, 10:38 AM  
Sass

Anybody know where I can get that ball she uses to squeeze with from? I haven't seen it at Sport Authority, Walmart or at Target.
Old 04-14-10, 10:42 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Stacy! It's nice to see another NOVA vidiot!

Congratulations on your Sq Stronger purchase, I'm sure you'll really enjoy! I rarely do the workout in entirety (in fact I think I only did that once) but maybe 1-2 times a week, no matter what kind of rotation I am on, I use the waist workout. I think the DVD is invaluable for this waist routine alone. Hard! But also very helpful

Anyway let us know how you like it!
Old 04-14-10, 11:03 AM  
stacy4ft9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Hi Stacy! It's nice to see another NOVA vidiot!

Congratulations on your Sq Stronger purchase, I'm sure you'll really enjoy! I rarely do the workout in entirety (in fact I think I only did that once) but maybe 1-2 times a week, no matter what kind of rotation I am on, I use the waist workout. I think the DVD is invaluable for this waist routine alone. Hard! But also very helpful

Anyway let us know how you like it!
Hi Emily! Where are you in NOVA? I'm in Loudoun County.

I'll definitely report back after I've tried the workout. Thanks!
Old 04-14-10, 09:38 PM  
kitty12

I started with 3 lbs for everything in the upper body workout initially I'm at 5 lbs for both biceps and shoulders now, but I had to back down to 2 lbs on part of the chest work and usually miss a few reps. By the time I get to the chest work my shoulders are fatigued so hard to hold the weights up! I go back to 3 lbs on the triceps. I think I'm now ready to move up on weights for the bicep part, but have to purchase new weights to do it.

I agree on the waist workout completely! It is awesome!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
squeeze, squeeze stronger, tracy effinger