Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-07, 11:32 PM  
trevs_mom

SwapaDVD.com

There is a new online site called swapaDVD.com. You join for free. You list your DVD's for trade. You get a credit for each DVD you mail off. You pay for the shipping. Then you can use your credit to request a DVD. The sender pays your shipping.

I've been a member of the sister site paperbackswap.com for a few years, and I love it. I have high hopes for the DVD swap as well. It just opened, so there are only 7000 DVD's listed right now, lots of exercise ones, too.

If you post 10 DVDs, you get one credit.

Oh - and if you are a member of the PBS.com site you can transfer your book credits over for DVD credits - I transferred 9 book credits and got 6 DVD credits. I listed mostly kid DVDs, and nearly all have already been requested.

There is a referral program as well, so the more people you bring in, the more credits you can get, too.

Oh - and the system tracks the bad trades. I would recommend you transfer some money into your account to pay for the delivery confirmation. That way you get a credit when the post office scans the book, even if it later gets lost. You can also print the postage at the site with the money to get instant credits.

Let me know if you have any questions

If you join, PM me here and we can set up a 'friend' list. You can scan your friends lists for DVDs to request directly from them (which is nice for the popular titles.)

Quote:
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
trevs_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 09:14 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting this. My DD sends/gets books from PaperbackSwap all the time too. I think when she originally listed, she listed close to 100 books - and I've mailed a lot of them. She just received her first book with the postage paid from PBS - I didn't know they did that - so thanks for the reminder.

Now I'm going to look for 10 DVDs to list - and wait until she gets home from school to transfer some credits.

It really is a great idea.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 11:23 AM  
aunatural

Thumbs up

This sounds wonderful. Thanks for posting this.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 12:03 PM  
Tess_ATL

Thanks Kristen! What is your nickname? Mine is ubataba!
Tess_ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 12:08 PM  
trevs_mom

Hey Tess ... uh .. I probably need to set up a nickname I'll add you as a friend

Quote:
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 11-28-07, 12:09 PM  
trevs_mom

Ok - I just set up a nickname: SomethingSmarter.

Quote:
Old 11-28-07, 12:18 PM  
SueNJ
VF Supporter

This is really cool!

I belong to BookMooch.com, which works the same way with books (both hardcover and paperback), I guess like PaperbackSwap.com. I'll have to check PBS out, as well as the DVD one.
Old 11-29-07, 11:36 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Thanks Kristen, great program.

I *love* paperbackswap.com, I've been a member for over a year. Talk about de-clutter and recycling so appropriate after Abbe's hoarding thread.

I listed a whole bunch of DVDs (mostly kid ones too). I'll have to see how it goes. I saw a lot of more popular affordable 'general public' fitness DVDs so far but I also saw Christi Taylor's Fabulous Four

I would love to be free of all the finagling that goes on with the YaYa's swap, Amazon sales, eBay - even our dear VF swap - to get an automatic swap system instead.

I love posting what I'm wishing for and having the swap website snag it for me!
Old 11-29-07, 11:50 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP
I would love to be free of all the finagling that goes on with the YaYa's swap, Amazon sales, eBay - even our dear VF swap - to get an automatic swap system instead.
Ditto. Most of my retail fitness DVDs will now go straight to this new site. I just listed Hard Body Yoga yesterday and it was already grabbed up today. When the person gets it, I can use the credit for any item - not just fitness stuff.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 06:45 AM  
sherry7899

I joined yesterday too, and had requests for two dvds. I actually ordered a non-fitness dvd (!) . I loved the movie Dreamgirls and ordered it from another member.

I'm so glad to have a way to get rid of dvds that don't have any resale value. I don't want to list them on Amazon for two dollars, and this way I can get another dvd in exchange instead.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swapadvd.com