Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-07, 05:22 PM  
anakay

How are people using Squeeze

For those who have Squeeze or who are planning to get it--how do you/will you fit in Squeeze in your rotation? Do you consider it a full-body strength training workout? How many times a week do you think it needs to be done to be effective?
anakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 05:40 PM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~
If anything, I would probably rather spend the money on something from PHH or Masters or something. What HAS Tony done to me????
lest I give the impression I hate everything - I like PHH and Masters - particularly Masters - I think its underrated. Also (ut...oh...) I just ordered XFlosion because I am a v-i-d-i-o-t.

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 05:43 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakay
For those who have Squeeze or who are planning to get it--how do you/will you fit in Squeeze in your rotation? Do you consider it a full-body strength training workout? How many times a week do you think it needs to be done to be effective?

I bought this solely for the lower body work, and to me it was worth the money. If you do Fuzzie's version there's a half hour of solid lower body work.
Old 04-24-07, 07:35 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy
Did you take my remark seriously? Geez, I hope not. I was just getting in on the pick-on-Red fun.

And because people asked me questions since I was one of the first to get and review the dvd, I posted. That's not OK with you?
Oh, no, no, no, no, NO! I was picking on Red too. Just poking fun at how much she had exceeded her 3-post limit on a thread (and still resists!!).

I have been delighted in your posts and reviews of Squeeze. Please don't take my above comment the wrong way!
Old 04-24-07, 07:54 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Whew! I was worried that I offended you or offended Red and you were protecting her and then I would feel badly. And I was thinking that I like you and enjoy your posts and if you were pissed at me then I'd have to be pissed at you and I just don't have the energy for that.

So there. We're good.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 08:09 PM  
Gardengirl

Jane, it's always good to get a different view point. That's always good for making the best decision.

I did, however, cave today and bought it. I'm still undecided if I'll really like it or not, but I really want to have a variety of different kinds of lower body work to do, so I'm gonna give it a try. If I don't like it, it seems pretty popular and I can sell it at yayas. I guess I just figured it was work a try.

Now my buying frenzy must cease!!!!
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 08:37 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Whew! I was worried that I offended you or offended Red and you were protecting her and then I would feel badly. And I was thinking that I like you and enjoy your posts and if you were pissed at me then I'd have to be pissed at you and I just don't have the energy for that.

So there. We're good.
Oh can I get in? [[HUGS]], did you REALLY think that I would stay away?
MMWWWUUUAAAAAAA!!!!!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 08:57 PM  
adrien_73

I did this for the first time over the weekend. (Thank you Jane! )
I liked it but didn't love it. Keep in mind that I usually do traditional strength training...mostly Cathe & Jari. I am very athletic but am starting to suffer from the usual overuse aches & pains you get when you're thirty-something! I keep trying new workouts, more functional strength, pilates, yoga, etc. and I just have a hard time adjusting to the more gentle approach.

I will say that this is probably one of the few non-traditional routines that I will actually use. I like that she has a more athletic approach rather than dance/ballet or yoga. But, even though some of the leg & tricep exercises almost killed me, I still didn't have the feeling of accomplishment (exhaustion) I get when I finish Muscle Endurance or Slim & Lean.

This may not sound like a rave review, but for me to say that I will actually do this again is saying a lot! I've tried Bar Method, Callanetics, Lotte Burk and wanted to throw the DVDs out the window because they bothered me so much!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 09:49 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~
Oh can I get in? [[HUGS]], did you REALLY think that I would stay away?
MMWWWUUUAAAAAAA!!!!!
Not in a million years........ It's like asking a puppy to leave you alone for a minute but you REALLY miss it when it's gone cuz it's so darn adorable.

Adrien, (I'm combining posts cuz people are counting ) if you, the intensity queen, can give Squeeze a backward compliment, Tracy is golden!
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 10:15 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
(I'm combining posts cuz people are counting )
Na, all you have to do is click the number under "replies" and it counts it all for you! This will be my 9th to this post, and I think that's a record!

And FYI, our dear Red has now exceeded ssgilby.

I'm just amazed how this thread keeps going. And happy that Adrein73 found merit in Squeeze. I'm a Cathe girl (okay, sometimes Jari for weights, pretty much anyone's ho for step) myself. But I'm always looking for a different way of training that will keep me motivated. This just filled the bill. I still think I will stick to heavier upper body work, and round things out with the lower body (and possibly ab work) in Squeeze. But if I just want to keep things simple and pop in one DVD, I really can't complain about the upper body work Tracy does. And will frankly, consider it an accomplishment if I can finish the shoulder sequence without skipping a rep or two!

I started out with Lotte Burk DVDs, but almost found them silly, yet respected the principles. Then there were raves about The Bar Method, and I found them no better. There was always talk of possible upcoming releases that bumped things up a notch. Yet they never came.

Until now.

'nuf said. It's gettin' late.

And Lexy, {{{HUGS}}}} we're good.

Tags
squeeze, tracy effinger