And another:

https://kalmpilates.com/

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 12:41 PM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
This is the one I’m going to try next. $12 per month for mat workouts with a new one each week. His free YouTube’s that I tried have clear instruction and there seems to be a nice variety of classes.
John Garey also has some videos on Pilates Anytime. I have done some of them and they have been uniformly excellent-- his combinations are innovative and he makes excellent use of props like bands and the magic circle. His instructions are very clear and his enthusiasm for and love of movement is evident in his work.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 12:56 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

And here's another Australian instructor - but she also offers barre classes:

https://brittanybendallfitness.vhx.tv/

Thank you for posting this! I really like the looks of her workouts. There is a free one you can try called "Barre Express" (it also includes Pilates), it looks tough but fun, and I like her personality. She has some free on Youtube too.

If anyone is interested, this is her homepage to learn more about her: http://brittanybendallfitness.com/

I can't figure out how to get to the homepage from the online workouts link!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 02:21 PM  
Lmg

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I put this in Bargain Watch but I thought there might be a "semi-interested" audience here. Balanced Body Pilates is having a sale on DVDs (50% Off) until 10/18. They have a nice variety, including mat and normally pricey reformer and equipment (wunda chair etc) workouts. Forgive the intrusion for those who are only interested in streaming

ps---Don't forget to enter the promo code (DVD50).
Thank you for the recommendation. I didn't realize they offered streaming subscription. I just signed up!

Edited to add: I so miss the days of DVDs. Buying, selling, listing, trading and the great friendships we made. Feeling nostalgic.
Lmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 05:00 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
This is the one I’m going to try next. $12 per month for mat workouts with a new one each week. His free YouTube’s that I tried have clear instruction and there seems to be a nice variety of classes.
I just subscribed to this channel today. I only did one workout with the ring , it was very good. I Love his dogs with him!!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 05:36 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
John Garey also has some videos on Pilates Anytime. I have done some of them and they have been uniformly excellent-- his combinations are innovative and he makes excellent use of props like bands and the magic circle. His instructions are very clear and his enthusiasm for and love of movement is evident in his work.
Agree on all points---I have really appreciated his work also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmg View Post
Thank you for the recommendation. I didn't realize they offered streaming subscription. I just signed up!

Edited to add: I so miss the days of DVDs. Buying, selling, listing, trading and the great friendships we made. Feeling nostalgic.
Glad you found something!! I feel you on the dvd camaraderie of days past
Old 11-16-18, 02:56 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

John Garey TV, Pilates on Fifth, PA etc

I just signed up for a trial of Pilates Anytime. I started with that site because it said I could use Chromecast. I am having trouble streaming it to my TV using Chromecast despite following their directions. I have a request to PA for support but in the meantime I am considering other sites. I find the options on PA to be overwhelming. Does anyone have any favorite instructors on PA?

I tried a John Garey video on YouTube and really liked it. I am considering his streaming site but it does not appear that you can do a trial. I noticed some people upthread have subscriptions. First how do you like it? Is the platform easy to use? I noticed that the apps he lists for streaming do not include Chromecast. If I use a streaming site I must be able to use it on my TV. So if anyone could let me know how they do this (if you in fact view on a TV) I would appreciate it.

I have the same question for Pilates on Fifth and Pilatesology. Has anyone used this site? If so, how is the platform and how do you view it on your TV?
I will not pay for a streaming site unless I can watch it on my TV. I can get loads of free stuff on YouTube that I can see on my TV using Chromecast.
Thanks in advance- I am new to the streaming gig and need guidance on the technology.

P.S. I had a quick look at Pilates by Lisa but it didn't appeal to me somehow. Plus I hear that it is a hassle cancelling it.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-18, 09:29 PM  
Marisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I tried a John Garey video on YouTube and really liked it. I am considering his streaming site but it does not appear that you can do a trial. I noticed some people upthread have subscriptions. First how do you like it? Is the platform easy to use? I noticed that the apps he lists for streaming do not include Chromecast. If I use a streaming site I must be able to use it on my TV. So if anyone could let me know how they do this (if you in fact view on a TV) I would appreciate it.
The platform is really easy and I like that he has transcripts or written notes about each workout that you can download. Like for the reformer ones, he lists the exercises, the recommended spring tensions, the equipment set up and cuing notes, and then posts a screenshot of what the movement looks like. I use Chromecast too and I cast JohnGareyTV and other web based streaming (Barre3) through Momocast. You just download the Momocast app and it's like a browser window where you enter the url of the website you want to cast from and then press the little casting box in the upper corner. Hope that helps!
Marisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-18, 09:16 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I recently got a reformer, and as a result of this thread, found John Garey TV. Thank you! I love it. The app is easy to use, and you can download for offline viewing. His instruction is so clear, and I love that he uses the same reformer that I do (well, an upgraded version but essentially the same). And the dogs! The workouts that I've done are somewhat similar to the classes I've taken at Club Pilates. There is a lot on that site; he has some TRX and even some free weight workouts, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I feel like I've found a new fitness "home."

I usually connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI and view that way. I have watched directly on my phone and laptop as well.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-18, 09:04 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Thanks Marisa, for the info on John Garey.

PA got back to me with instructions on how to cast but they did not work. I was able to cast pilatesology (signed up for a trial membership) and a PBL video using my laptop and chrome browser . For some reason that would not work with pilates anytime.

Gayle I am glad you like John's site. Like I said I only did one of his you tube videos but it was really good. And yes those dogs! The dogs may just be my tie breaker in choosing a streaming service.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilates anytime, pilates streaming, pilatesanytime.com, pilatesology, streaming videos