Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-18, 10:02 AM  
antbuko

I use the Bit-Finder Geo app for Android and it works like a charm in helping me to find my misplaced Fitbit One.

There was a Firmware update for the Fitbit One this past spring which One would not take and subsequently stopped syncing. The battery was lasting as normally would and it continued to track steps. I did an online chat with Fitbit and they did some troubleshooting and were unable to help me to get it syncing again so they offered me either a) a free replacement One, or b) a generous discount to apply to a new device. I chose the freebie. It's worth a chat with them if you really like the One.
Old 07-25-18, 10:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

When I chatted with them about my One which died after needing recharges twice a day, they did not offer another for free. I wonder if they're all gone? Or if I got the wrong chatter.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 01:44 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
When I chatted with them about my One which died after needing recharges twice a day, they did not offer another for free. I wonder if they're all gone? Or if I got the wrong chatter.
It was discontinued a while ago. I managed to find one online at some college bookstore and ordered it. It was taken off the Fitbit site a long time ago.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-18, 06:31 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Maybe I just got lucky. The One was not available for sale at the time they gave me the freebie. Even if they didn't have any available they could have offered you a discount on a new device.
Old 07-26-18, 08:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Helen, I did get a 25% discount. One of the people I chatted with led me to believe I could get that 25% on top of the sale going on, but alas, not. 25% off the price before sales.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-18, 12:21 PM  
loulou

In a few fairly recent Fitbit community discussions there are some customers mentioning receiving replacements for their One. I have tried with a couple of the agents. I wondered if possibly they were only replacing them to people who ordered directly from them.

If Fitbit paid attention to what the One is selling for on Amazon and Ebay you would think they would reconsider giving up on it. It's about 150% markup on the original price.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-18, 01:36 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Maybe I just got lucky. The One was not available for sale at the time they gave me the freebie. Even if they didn't have any available they could have offered you a discount on a new device.
How long ago was that? I emailed them about a month ago. They didn't offer me a new One, only the 25% off a tracker on their site.

I should say though, the link they provided gave me 25% off some but more like 40% off the higher-end trackers, so if your Fitbit isn't working, you should definitely contact them!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 07-26-18, 02:15 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
How long ago was that? I emailed them about a month ago. They didn't offer me a new One, only the 25% off a tracker on their site.

I should say though, the link they provided gave me 25% off some but more like 40% off the higher-end trackers, so if your Fitbit isn't working, you should definitely contact them!
I'm guessing around May of this year?
Old 07-26-18, 05:57 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

I don't remember exactly when it was, last year maybe, when the big update came out. My One wouldn't sync after trying everything. So I called Fitbit & did everything all over again and still failed. So they offered me a discount on another Fitbit. I explained I liked the One because of the stair count & I was a hiker & lived in the mountains. When I added I wouldn't use a wrist tracker because I had had breast cancer & I only had one arm available for bracelets etc. they offered me another One. Yippee! When this One dies I probably won't go with another Fitbit.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-18, 03:30 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Oddly enough, my new Fitbit One (which I bought in January and started using last month) won't charge. I did a chat this morning and ended up getting an email with either 50% off a new Fitbit or a free replacement of my current model. I requested the One and supposedly that's what I'll be getting.

Tags
fitbit