Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-15-18, 09:55 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Keeping. We order a ton of stuff from Amazon that's hard to find locally or hard to transport without a car, like my husband's gardening paraphernalia. Plus the fast free shipping is great when you need something right away (medical equipment for my dad, travel necessities right before a trip, etc).
Old 05-15-18, 10:08 AM  
cherimac

No. I've had it since 2006 or 7 when it was $49 or $59. We homeschooled, my husband was a pastor, and we ordered a lot of books. They keep going up and up, I order less and less, and prefer Netflix to their streaming site.
Old 05-15-18, 10:09 AM  
cherimac

Oh, and we have started using Abe Books a ton. They have great deals on used books and a lot of times free shipping. If you don't mind used books you can check out the site.

Abe Books

I've only had one time where a book didn't show up and we got a no hassle refund.
Old 05-15-18, 11:10 AM  
desderata

No, i already have a reminder onmy phone to cancel in case i miss the auto renewal notice. I hesitated before paying $99 a year and $119 is too much - its just not worth it.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 11:11 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Our Prime is Canada is staying at $79, surprising as we almost always pay more for everything. I don't think we get as many perks with it as you do in the US.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 12:18 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

I'm cancelling when it's time to renew. The only service we can use is the free shipping & the library lending book. Plus I've noticed lately the packages aren't arriving in two days. Some are coming via Smart Post which adds a day to the delivery. I guess we'll be seeing less of our UPS guy.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 12:35 PM  
Sollamyn

I will keep it and see how it goes. If I don't think I'm getting my money's worth next year, then I'll let it go. I use the free shipping and music the most, but I also use the videos and added the Acorn channel through Prime as well.

Donna
Old 05-15-18, 12:42 PM  
rhbrand

Yep, worth it for me. I will still save money on shipping at $119. I buy a lot of my supplements off Amazon, so its 110% worth it for me.
Old 05-15-18, 01:04 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I'm on the fence. I do use their music service, but about half of the two day orders come in more two days. Someone should sue them over the false advertising. I also use some other services, but they are mainly things I could get from my library's eServices.

Their streaming video is OK, but I wouldn't miss it too much.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 01:50 PM  
jusca

It wasn't worth it for me when it was rising to $79. I had the college student plan a few years ago. That's when 2 day shipping actually meant 2 days. After that expired, I had no need for the service. The add-on gimmick turned me off the most. I own lots of movies and music and I rarely buy anything from Amazon since they started having physical locations in my state and taxes applied to everything.

Nah, still not worth it to me. I see how it can still be a bargain for others though. It's still a cheap price for what you get.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime