Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-22-15, 07:31 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Yes, Bfit - forgot to list that. Great workout!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 08:20 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Pyramids is a great DVD BUT it moves fast, seems like hypersonic speed if you're used to slow and deliberate training. Just have your weights (and the pause button) ready the first couple of times through.
Old 12-22-15, 09:04 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
Gym Style and Xtrain would fit your bill.

Muscle Max is a total body workout that you can lift heavy.
Which Gym Styles are under 10 reps per exercise? It's been awhile since I've done them, but I remember the Gym Styles being lots of reps. Not rep-tastic like, say Jari Love workouts, but definitely not under 10 reps per exercise. Unless I'm remembering wrong. And that push up drop set in the beginning of working chest (around 70 if I remember) are definitely NOT low reps.

Pyramids are not under 10 reps either, although I don't remember how long the rests are.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 10:49 AM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I have never done one of her dvds. I see a lot of posts that people love her and the workouts. I am looking at her heavy lifting workouts as that is what I want to do now. Tried paperworks and hate them, I need dvds. Because STS is expensive, I am apprehensive since I have never tried her workouts. Is her Slow & Heavy any good, worth getting or STS better. I am looking for heavy lifting, limited to no cardio.

Thanks.
STS is so worth having. And the price is down 2/3 what it was when she initially released it. I think the whole set is $99. I didn't get the preorder for this and ended up paying $99 for each Meso. So believe me, if you can get it for less than $100, that's a deal and well worth the money. I find it easy to modify up or down with the weight and just enjoy that it's a straight forward weight lifting workout.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 11:55 AM  
Tugger31

If I did STS over again, I'd skip Mesocycle 1. It has too many pushups, is not easy to split into separate body parts like the other 2 and I still can't figure out why she throws in Pull Ups on this "easiest" Mesocycle (?). I think getting just Meso 3 would also be an option if you have a solid weight training base already.

I agree that Gym Styles may be too many reps for what you may be looking for. However, I do the timesaver premixes which are shorter b/c of less reps/set and some of the resistance band stuff is omitted. The timesaver premixes allow me to go heavier.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 01:55 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

You might consider Burn Sets since it's only one dvd. However, it contains two upper body workouts and no lower body one. It would give you a good idea of what her weight workouts are like without spending lots of money. For the lower body, Butts & Guts is a good one.
Old 12-22-15, 03:32 PM  
Fitstick

I always go back to her Pure Strength series, it is awesome although a bit dated.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 03:51 PM  
Tugger31

I agree, Pure Strength, though dated in appearance, is a classic. Good form pointers and I believe most exercises are 3 sets of 10 reps.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 07:05 PM  
IceQueen07

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think doing the on demand for a month may be the way to go before actually buying anything.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 08:46 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think doing the on demand for a month may be the way to go before actually buying anything.
I hope you come back and let us know how it goes!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe heavy weights, cathe strength workouts