Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-15, 08:13 AM  
beatchica

I 'm on my 4th week of P90 and I honestly can't believe how quickly it has gone by. Considering the fact that in general Tony seriously gets on my nerves. I also very rarely stick to any rotation. I do have to confess that I keep the volume turned off so I don't have to hear Tony's chatter.

The workouts go by quickly and the moves are hard, but super doable. They can be modified easily to be higher impact or lower impact. I opt for lower impact, but still get a really strenuous workout. Thus far I am liking this series.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-15, 04:52 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
I 'm on my 4th week of P90 and I honestly can't believe how quickly it has gone by. Considering the fact that in general Tony seriously gets on my nerves. I also very rarely stick to any rotation. I do have to confess that I keep the volume turned off so I don't have to hear Tony's chatter.

The workouts go by quickly and the moves are hard, but super doable. They can be modified easily to be higher impact or lower impact. I opt for lower impact, but still get a really strenuous workout. Thus far I am liking this series.
You are getting ready to move to Phase B? I like that the most out of the 3 phases. I felt I gained my most strength with that phase. "A" was good as it laid a foundation for "B". C was ok, but I felt like there were some moves even modified that were rough, so P90X3 was put on hold for me.
Old 05-30-15, 12:42 PM  
beatchica

Hi CHAPLYN61,

I will be starting phase B this week. I have to admit, I cheated a little and did the phase B cardio workout a few times over the past 4 weeks. So far I have some nice definition in my biceps and triceps from this series. Although, I think my legs could be worked a little harder. All and all I'm really liking P90, thus far. Sounds like I may need to modify phase C, as I'm not into any thing too extreme these days.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-15, 01:53 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
Hi CHAPLYN61,

I will be starting phase B this week. I have to admit, I cheated a little and did the phase B cardio workout a few times over the past 4 weeks. So far I have some nice definition in my biceps and triceps from this series. Although, I think my legs could be worked a little harder. All and all I'm really liking P90, thus far. Sounds like I may need to modify phase C, as I'm not into any thing too extreme these days.
It wasn't that it was too hard, there were more compound moves. There is a modifier there, but some of the moves, like the pushups have you moving in a clock like motion on the floor and that was not great for my shoulder, so I subbed something else for that. "B" was my favorite as I felt I could go heavier each week. I was pulling out the 15 lb dumbbells and I have not used that for a free weight in years!

Tags
new p90