Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-15, 08:42 AM  
beatchica

Question for all you Yoga devotees - Is there a 20 minutes a day program?

I am in the market for a 20 minutes a day yoga DVD/program. It would be great if there was a system that existed that contained 4 to 5 different, 20 minute yoga routines. I have done my fair share of yoga in the past, but presently I don't have the concentration to cobble together a daily 20 minute yoga flow. I would also be open to a 20 minutes a day Plates program too. Any suggestion or thoughts on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 08:50 AM  
sherry7899

There are a ton of yoga zone dvds that have two practices of twenty minutes each.

If you can use you tube, Erin Motz and Yoga with Adrienne each have a lot of practices that are around twenty minutes.

Rodney Yee's "AM Yoga for your Week" has five practices that are around 25 minutes each.

There is a new "Element" yoga dvd with Ashley Turner that has five programs that are 15 minutes each.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 09:32 AM  
laurajhawk

Yes, I'd start with Rodney's "AM Yoga for Your Week" - it's a VF favorite. It says 20 minutes but does push up to about 25 for some segments. Then if you like Rodney but want more variety, his "Yoga For Your Week" is also good and a little more advanced (though still very accessible).

Another option, depending on your yoga tastes, is the Shiva Rea "Daily Energy" and "More Daily Energy" DVD. They also have 20-minute segments.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 09:48 AM  
Sandrine

Sara Ivanhoe's Yoga Makeovers were 20 minutes each. They were originally on separate dvd's but later came out on one. I really enjoy these, but if you are looking for serious yoga, they may not fit the bill.

The Rodney Yee's are wonderful.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 10:09 AM  
LeanneM

Namaste Yoga's sessions come in just under 23 minutes. I don't think it's a program in the sense that there is no plan outline, but I've been adding in a few each week (I have Season 1) after I finish a workout, and I love them!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 04:45 PM  
Eibhinn

I definitely second the AM Yoga for your Week and Yoga Makeover recommendations. Namaste Yoga might also be a good choice, but do be aware that it's taught TIFT style, and sometimes is quite fast-paced, and not consistent at all in terms of difficulty level (some classes are very accessible, some are pretty advanced). For those reasons, I didn't find Namaste very good as a day-to-day program. If you're fairly flexible and like fast power yoga, it might be a better choice for you.

Generally I haven't found Shiva Rea's stuff good in this regard, either (but I also haven't tried them all) She'll have 20 minute practices where she suddenly goes into very advanced backbends that most people shouldn't attempt without a (notably absent on the practice) fairly rigorous warm-up. A lot of her sequences aren't very good as stand alone stuff.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 05:11 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Namaste Yoga's sessions come in just under 23 minutes. I don't think it's a program in the sense that there is no plan outline, but I've been adding in a few each week (I have Season 1) after I finish a workout, and I love them!
I 2nd Namaste Yoga....in particular Seasons 1 and 2.
Old 01-13-15, 08:03 PM  
MelissaR

Great topic! I frequently visit the idea of doing yoga, but the thought of waking up at 4am to stretch & breathe deeply just doesn't sound right (haha). I like the length of time of the Namaste series. If you had to pick just one season, what would you pick? Where do you recommend purchasing from (I see they're available on Amazon, but is there a better place)?
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 08:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

For short pilates workouts - there's Element's Targeted Toning Pilates for Beginners - 3 20 minute workout plus a 10 minute workout - these are good.

If you are open to YouTube workouts, Robin Long has several series of short (under 15 minutes) pilates workouts: http://www.thebalancedlifeonline.com/.

http://www.thebalancedlifeonline.com...ys-of-pilates/

http://www.thebalancedlifeonline.com...summer-series/

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-15, 08:20 AM  
beatchica

Just wanted to say thanks for all the amazing, helpful, information! I knew I could count on my fellow VF buddies for great suggestions. I also didn't realize that I had so many choices for 20 minute yoga workouts!
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20 minute workouts, pilates, short yoga, short yoga workouts, yoga