Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-22-13, 12:35 PM  
mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
ETA: about which states charge sales tax:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/18/news...zon-sales-tax/
Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-13, 12:40 PM  
Eibhinn

Free shipping was always $35 in Canada, and I remember being jealous that it was only $25 in the US. Eventually they dropped it here (maybe 2-3 years ago?). Currently it's still $25 in Canada, but I'm sure if it went up in the US, it'll go up here, too. We've always had to pay sales tax - 15% in my province.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-13, 12:41 PM  
pcdoctor01

I thought $25 was the magic number. Oh well.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-13, 12:46 PM  
cin777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
I had the opposite experience with Amazon's shipping. I had a trial Prime membership last spring, and they used a shady shipping company called Prestige for all of my Prime orders. None of them arrived, even though they had all been marked delivered, so Amazon had to ship everything again by UPS. I did not renew Prime and so far Amazon has only used UPS and USPS for my orders. Interesting.
I have had this shipper from Amazon using non-prime (usually around Christmas time). I agree, they are creepy. They use regular people using their own vehicles to deliver. I know people in real life who were creeped out also, to have strange cars back in your driveway to give you a package (almost like it was delievered to the wrong house and that person just delivered it themselves instead of sending it back). Weird
cin777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-13, 12:56 PM  
PhyllisG

Between the sales tax and the shipping charges amazon might not be such a bargain any longer for some things. I often find myself ordering from Mary rather than amazon. With free shipping and no sales tax Mary is often less expensive. Plus she ships fast.
Amazon charges sales tax here in NYS and I know they fought it but lost. It was not amazon's choice to do that. The marketplace sellers do not charge sales tax.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-13, 01:31 PM  
lilmonkey2

I have never had a problem spending at least $35 at Amazon LOL This likely won't affect me, even when I let my Prime membership lapse.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-13, 01:41 PM  
Charmed

That stinks. But it may actually save me some money. My orders always seem to be just shy of $25, so I end up ordering some small tidbit I don't even need, just because I HAVE to have the free shipping, dontcha know!
Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-13, 01:54 PM  
laurajhawk

This is another good reason to buy from Mary (totalfitnessdvds.com). Free shipping over $19.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-13, 01:59 PM  
sunday

I have had prime for years and love it. I order most everything from Amazon and it's always delivered by regular UPS regardless of which state we've lived in, which has been quite a few. I'll never get rid of prime.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-13, 02:01 PM  
sherry7899

I buy most of my dvds from Mary, but I buy a ton of books/non fitness dvds and cds from Amazon.

You're welcome, Mercedes.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote