Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-10, 02:24 PM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Tiffany, Demeris, I would really love to start a thread about no Lipo Lipo but do You think it is against the forum rules ? I would love to know success stories by vfers and what they did to obtain benefits and which kind of benefits they gOt .. what do YOU THINK ?
Old 05-07-10, 02:32 PM  
tigerbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by editstein View Post
Tiffany, Demeris, I would really love to start a thread about no Lipo Lipo but do You think it is against the forum rules ? I would love to know success stories by vfers and what they did to obtain benefits and which kind of benefits they gOt .. what do YOU THINK ?

Samantha, you could possibly double check with Wendy or one of the moderators. I wouldn't think it would be against guidelines as it isn't about diet or supplements but I could be wrong. I know I've read threads before about cellulite and the use of the glass suction cups for massage.

The before and after pictures are compelling and the youtube clip of the KTLA news review was interesting. I would to try this program and see if it really does what it claims.

I do know that when I was younger, around 25, I ran into an old friend from high school. Her and I have a similar body type. Well, her and I decided to go tanning at a tanning salon and I was SHOCKED when I saw her thighs. Not one bit of cellulite on them. I asked her what she had done (diet, exercise???) and she said that she had been deep massaging her legs. She never mentioned a specific program or technique but ever since then, that's always stuck in my mind some 15 years later as to the validity of massage.
Old 05-07-10, 05:41 PM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbaby View Post
Samantha, you could possibly double check with Wendy or one of the moderators. I wouldn't think it would be against guidelines as it isn't about diet or supplements but I could be wrong. I know I've read threads before about cellulite and the use of the glass suction cups for massage.

The before and after pictures are compelling and the youtube clip of the KTLA news review was interesting. I would to try this program and see if it really does what it claims.

I do know that when I was younger, around 25, I ran into an old friend from high school. Her and I have a similar body type. Well, her and I decided to go tanning at a tanning salon and I was SHOCKED when I saw her thighs. Not one bit of cellulite on them. I asked her what she had done (diet, exercise???) and she said that she had been deep massaging her legs. She never mentioned a specific program or technique but ever since then, that's always stuck in my mind some 15 years later as to the validity of massage.
You are right, I will double check with Wendy !
Old 05-25-10, 09:51 PM  
seabliss

I just wanted to say that facial exercise really does work. I have both good and bad evidence of this! I've been doing Ageless If You Dare, which takes me less than 10 minutes every other day or so. I had slacked off on it, but I started doing it pretty regularly again, I guess in February. I added in one of her "occasional" exercises for the jaw, because I would like to broaden my jaw. She says you should only do it occasionally unless you do want a wider jaw, which most women don't. I was doing it every time I did the other exercises.

So recently I started to notice a weird hard raised area over in the corners of my jaw on both sides. It was making a little shadow on my lower cheek right near it. Sure enough, it was my muscle, a little too prominent for me! I don't have enough fat to soften it so that it just looks like a bigger jaw. Guess that one is going back to the "occasional" status!

On the other hand, my cheeks are definitely higher, fuller, and firmer. This is a really nice improvement for someone who had prematurely lost a lot of facial fat.

I like the Ageless system not only because it is short (I have no patience or time for long facial workouts), but also because it produces aesthetically pleasing results. When I look at some of the "afters" from other facial exercise programs, I see a lot of unnaturally muscle-toned faces. They don't look youthful to me. Ageless focuses on the cheeks, so that by building them bigger you draw everything else up. This produces really natural-looking results.

Just thought I'd pass that on in case anyone was still interested in this topic!
Old 05-26-10, 12:16 AM  
DebbieRN

Glad to hear you're seeing results. I just received my book a few weeks ago, so too soon to tell. I certainly feel it after I do it. It's really easy to do throughout the day. I focus on the corners of my mouth and my eyebrows. I like my cheeks and jaw (good genes!) but still do them as well.

I got into the habit of using my Yamuna face ball even before I get out of bed and as a bonus, it really helps my sinuses. Both the ball and pulling the skin give me a nice pink glow too! I do some other facial exercises (Carole Maggio) and whatever else I find interesting on the net (Facial Yoga, I think) so hard to say what the combo will be. I like the book though and hope others post their results. It probably takes some time to see results.

Debbie
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-10, 09:22 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
I just wanted to say that facial exercise really does work. I have both good and bad evidence of this! I've been doing Ageless If You Dare, which takes me less than 10 minutes every other day or so. I had slacked off on it, but I started doing it pretty regularly again, I guess in February. I added in one of her "occasional" exercises for the jaw, because I would like to broaden my jaw. She says you should only do it occasionally unless you do want a wider jaw, which most women don't. I was doing it every time I did the other exercises.

So recently I started to notice a weird hard raised area over in the corners of my jaw on both sides. It was making a little shadow on my lower cheek right near it. Sure enough, it was my muscle, a little too prominent for me! I don't have enough fat to soften it so that it just looks like a bigger jaw. Guess that one is going back to the "occasional" status!

On the other hand, my cheeks are definitely higher, fuller, and firmer. This is a really nice improvement for someone who had prematurely lost a lot of facial fat.

I like the Ageless system not only because it is short (I have no patience or time for long facial workouts), but also because it produces aesthetically pleasing results. When I look at some of the "afters" from other facial exercise programs, I see a lot of unnaturally muscle-toned faces. They don't look youthful to me. Ageless focuses on the cheeks, so that by building them bigger you draw everything else up. This produces really natural-looking results.

Just thought I'd pass that on in case anyone was still interested in this topic!
Thank you SO much for chiming in on this! I have been eyeing that book, just sitting on my nightstand, thinking I had better get back to it. It is so much easier than total body exercise where you have to change and go down to the basement gym, one would think that I would do it all the time, but I just haven't had the patience to continue. I am going to begin anew!!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-10, 12:03 PM  
videofit

This has made me think of how they say people who are happy look younger. If they are always smiling, is that similar to the exercises you would do in Ageless? It would be interesting if that were true and would make me wonder if that sparked the idea for facial exercises originally.
Old 05-26-10, 12:07 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
This has made me think of how they say people who are happy look younger. If they are always smiling, is that similar to the exercises you would do in Ageless? It would be interesting if that were true and would make me wonder if that sparked the idea for facial exercises originally.
Definitely IMO anyway, lol, the facial expressions that you tend to make regularly would affect your look. Frowning all the time (downturned mouth corners) smiling, etc. However, with the facial exercises, you are adding RESISTANCE as you do with other body exercise, so that creates much more response from the facial "muscles".

Old 05-26-10, 02:18 PM  
Juli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~ View Post
Thank you SO much for chiming in on this! I have been eyeing that book, just sitting on my nightstand, thinking I had better get back to it.

I am going to begin anew!!
Me too Red. I received my book a couple weeks ago but haven't started yet. Luckily I am seeing results from my workouts and my Neck Slimmer - which is already part of my morning routine.

I need to "begin anew" too.

"Que Shiraz Shiraz"
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-10, 02:27 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli View Post
Me too Red. I received my book a couple weeks ago but haven't started yet. Luckily I am seeing results from my workouts and my Neck Slimmer - which is already part of my morning routine.

I need to "begin anew" too.
Woo hoo, tight faces on their way!

ON a rather giggly note, I DID cave and buy some of those tiny elastic "face lifter tape" sets. I was quite surprised at how good it worked, and how you really couldn't see it with the hair worn down. But I kept expecting all night for something to let loose and one side of my neck drop or something, lololol

Tags
facial exercises, flexeffect, loose skin